1957 President Broadmoor
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

That is an amazing pic of how the "in grille" R3 Air Cleaner is supposed to be mounted! [^]

In post #1 you see the special hole that engineering cut in the inner fender for the air cleaner to Blower hose to fit an R3 Avanti. []

I have not figured out for sure what the hydraulic lines are, but must be Trans. Oil Cooler lines.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You are right Rich. The lines go to the oil cooler which was a canister type.

1957 Packard Clipper
      1957 President Broadmoor
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1963 R2 Daytona
      1963 R2 GT Hawk
      1963 R1 Wagonaire
      1963 R4 Avanti
      1964 Champ
      1966 Cruiser

Comment

The hydraulic lines and the tank are for blower fluid supplied to the blower via electric fuel pump.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

That is an amazing pic of how the "in grille" R3 Air Cleaner is supposed to be mounted! [^]

In post #1 you see the special hole that engineering cut in the inner fender for the air cleaner to Blower hose to fit an R3 Avanti. []

I have not figured out for sure what the hydraulic lines are, but must be Trans. Oil Cooler lines.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA

Comment

I had pictures at one time of the supercharger cooling that Mr. Bove alludes to.
          The tank was unusual, it was spherical as I remember.

sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Working...
          X