Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator grille for a 4H K5

Hello all,
    I have been reading along for some time, and learning from you.
    I have a question, would any of you have a parts car and be willing to sell me some of the sheetmetal on the radiator grille?
    I am looking for part numbers:
    0502-25-1
    0502-25
    0502-84
    my car will not become a show car, I would like it to be a nice driver. (therefore no show quality parts needed, rusted parts also welcome)
    thank you,
    Eric de Cuba

quote:Originally posted by cascabel

Hello all,
    I have been reading along for some time, and learning from you.
    I have a question, would any of you have a parts car and be willing to sell me some of the sheetmetal on the radiator grille?
    I am looking for part numbers:
    0502-25-1
    0502-25
    0502-84
    my car will not become a show car, I would like it to be a nice driver. (therefore no show quality parts needed, rusted parts also welcome)
    Wow! You have a '53 Commander hardtop in Aruba? That's really great. Are there other Studebakers there too?
    I am assuming that you have the chassis parts book. The numbers you are using are illustration numbers. What you need to do is go from the illustration to section 0502 in the next page or so then look for 25 and 25-1. Then look at the right to see which models are listed. The line that applies to your car will have the part number near the left side on that line. That will be the part number that vendors use to identify parts. The illustration numbers alone are kind of generic and can apply to a number of different part numbers.
    Unfortunately body parts for the '53 K body are kind of hard to find. Maybe if you could post a picture of your project it would be helpful too.
    Good luck,

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

There were many studebakers on Aruba. we have had larks and hawks, and I know there used to be one avanti for sure. they were sold here back in the day. sadly no driving survivors. Right now there is my commander (that does not look like one) and a 1962 lark (also a project albeit closer to completion).

Comment

Working...
      X