What two tone color combination is this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What two tone color combination is this car

I'm getting ready to paint my 1957 Silver Hawk. Its currently a dark red, but I want to go with a two tone. I like the color combo at the below site. I'm color blind (can't see red tones very well). Is the color combo Apache Red/Arctic White, or is it Copperton Poly/Arctic White. The other color option is Canyon Copper Poly, but I don't think they used that as a two tone. Also included is the path to paint chip chart.

Thanks for the help, Mark

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Mark Rogers

Mark,
    It's certainly not Apache Red. As for the other two options, I can't really say. The lighting in the photo is not good enough for me to tell for sure. In the shade it looks more like the Copperton Poly, but in the sun it could be the Canyon Copper Poly.
    In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with Apache Red/Arctic White.

Comment

There is no doubting that the example car you linked to is a RED car! Also it clearly has a Red interior, not Brown. I am NOT sure it is a perfect match for Apache Red though, but it is close. Remember it's a re-paint! [:0]

There is no chance that it is Coppertone (brown)
      And Canyon Coppertone must be a '58 Color, there would not be two similar colors the same year.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The HUE is very close to Apache Red, though the highlights in the photos are clearly metallic. I'm guessing the owner went in with an Apache Red color chip and ordered the metallic (poly) formula.

It's a striking color comination, IMHO.[8)]

Andy
        62 GT

Andy
        62 GT

Comment

I've had two Apache Red/Arctic White Studes, that's why I'm sure it's not Apache Red. It's not anywhere close. The seats are far more red than the paint on the body.

Comment

It could be any color. Possibly '57 Clipper colors were used:

[img][img]
            Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Nothing is easy. I've got to find a local Apache Red car. The color combo is great. I just have to make sure I order a similar color. I'm probably going to go with a metallic or pearl also. I have to spend all the dollars and go with a solid color.

Thanks for all the help.

Mark Rogers

Comment

I agreed with Andy R. I am sure Apache Red/Arctic white is pretty color combo, too. It would be more nice if you add metallic or pearl anyway.

Steven

Comment

I had a 57 hawk arctic white over metallic coppertone (first 2 pictures look like that combination)to my worn out eyes.

Comment

Now I'm confused. I thought I was set on Apache Red and Arctic white. I like the sound of Coppertone poly (I was a Burnt Orange Dodge Challenger guy before the Hawk came around). Now I'm not sure which way to do (both sound good). Oh well, its a Hawk, it would look bad either way.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mark Rogers

Comment

Working...
                    X