Is this thing legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this thing legit?

It says "Studebaker Stick Pin" In the listing, but I have never seen any studebaker logo that looks like this:

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Could be Safeway Food Store emblem??

Richard

Comment

It does kinda look like that, doesn't it??

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

It's a Safeway first year service pin. I've seen Checkers wearing something identical to it.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nixon's dog???????

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

It sure is not the same as any Studebaker "S"!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Seller responded to my ebay question and confirmed it's Safeway Food Store and he was going to change his ebay listing.

Richard

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Nixon's dog???????

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

I don't know about Nixons dog, but my wife and I have a Great Dane named Nixon (seriously!)

Comment

tutone63, nice Wheaties item in your signature.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

tutone63, nice Wheaties item in your signature.
                    Thanks! I found that on ebay last spring. I did not know what it was, but it is in perfect shape and I only paid around 6 dollars...including shipping. I had to have it. I did not find out that it was a Wheaties promo until I was in the house of our next door neighbors. A kindly, old couple (in their mid-nineties and they still are ambulatory, without any help from electronic chairs or other type assisting devices. they even have an outdoor garden that the husband takes care of!!) They had a display of railroad emblems that had the similar holes and were the same size as my Studebaker logo. I asked them what they were and they were kind enough to explain it to me. (youngster, still wet behind the ears and all)

Comment

General Foods issued a series of the automoble tags, domestic and foreign. All were shown on the back of the box. When all shown were collected the accompanying certificates were sent to General Mills, they would send you the Rolls Royce tag. The RR tag brings big $$'s.

Richard

Comment

Related to the above, but not to Studebaker. I have about 30 pins which were included in boxes of PEP cereal during WWII. I don't recall whcih company made PEP. The pins depict cartoon characters and military unit emblems from that era.

Niantic, CT
                        1963 Avanti R2524
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Related to the above, but not to Studebaker. I have about 30 pins which were included in boxes of PEP cereal during WWII. I don't recall whcih company made PEP. The pins depict cartoon characters and military unit emblems from that era.
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                          X