More Project Photos 54 Starlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Project Photos 54 Starlight

I added my URL link to more photos of my project. I have additional ones that I will post as I move forward.

My winter work right now is wiring, inventoring and polishing all my chrome and script, and assessing my interior needs. The engine compartment has been repainted, all according to original specs. I have not applied engine decals yet, but will do that with the chrome and script.

The only challenge awaiting me is I have some hood alignment issues. I sense that when the new NOS front fenders were put together, they may not have been shimmed properly. That or hood adjustments. But I will defer that problem to springtime!

Really feels great putting everything back together! It has been ten years since I acquired the car.

Oran Ashley
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Ashley, Great car. I feel so much better now because your car is just like mine. The color combination, the commander engine everything. I think it is so great that you are doing it right. Which trim package does your car have? Specifically the rear seat area. I had a four year search for the correct trim for the side panel in the rear. My car has the C5 trim which has the piece that turns up by the arm rest in the rear. Your are about 6 months ahead of me by the pictures but hopefully we will both be driving our stude soon, by the way my cars name is Irene.....Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see the finished car.

Domenic Manera
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Domenic,

Thanks for the kind words! I actually recall trading emails with you back when you first acquired your 54.

In regards to your question on trim and interior. I have the regal trim package that includes all the belting chrome around the windshield, doors and windows. In regards to interior, my rear seat has the elevated separate console. I noticed yours has the same configuration based on your photos. My interior is in pretty good shape, however I do have some wear thru spots on the drivers seat.

As far seat covers, I have two choices at this point. One is to replace the worn portion of the front seat with some matching OEM NOS stock fabric, which the original owner procured in the sixties. The downside is the vinyl portion of the seats are faded. The other option is that I found a set of replacement seat OEM / NOS seat covers on ebay, that is not the same weave of fabric, and looks great - but is not configured to accommodate the raised rear seat console. I could probably make them work, but I would have to find me some matching vinyl and get a local unholsterer to recover the console.

How did you source the material for your seat covers?

Oran Ashley
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
      X