Frozen Hood Release Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Hood Release Cable

I can't get the hood open on the Commander. The hood release cable is frozen and not operational. Is there another way to open the hood?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Tom I went out to look at my latch from the bottom of the car,there is a 1/4-5/16 hole in the latch that slides towards the drivers side of the car, if you could get a long screw driver or a rod into that hole and lean the rod against the spring, maybe you could get it open. might need someone to pull up on the hood, but not real hard. hope this works for you. It only needs to slide about 3/8 of an inch, I'd spray some silicone in the latch. Another possibillity is to remove the spring leg off it's resting place.Might have to take the latch off after getting it open to put the spring back on. Hope this helps. clonelark

[img=left]http://i37.tinypic.com/5mdfew.jpg[/img=left
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Tom Take the cable lose in the car,the nut backs off the back. Then pull the whole cable it should open. Doug M

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try out your suggestions some time this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
        X