This is a cool rat rod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a cool rat rod.

This is pretty neat truck. The only things I would do to it is change the steering colume and go with a studebaker 289 and t10 4 speed. You got to love that patina though![8D]

Dylan
    '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

There is nothing here too look at...are you sure you posted all that you meant to? Like a link or a picture? (or maybe my computer is just glitching?)

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, your 61 lark wagon looks a lot nicer than any Rat Rod I have ever seen.

55 Commander

55 Commander Regal Coupe
      XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
      KARR (Knightrider)
      Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

I would like see it, please try again.

Comment

Is this the one? I don't see any patina.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___rat-rod-kustom-gasser-custom-ol-skool-bomb-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ260343571133QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item260343571133&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10| 39%3A1|240%3A1308

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

If anybody needs that checked out let me know. I'm pretty sure I've seen it here in town. It's local for me.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

I noticed the Truck in the link last night and really like it, looks awesome

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
              259cid flight o matic

Comment

Patina??? If you say so. Kool/neat is always in the eye of the beholder To some, it might just look like serious rust from every angle. As always, your truck, your money, your decision.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                PackardV8

Comment

Man, that thing is rotton to the core. [B)]

But I do like the wheels and tires! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I agree with Jack. Somehow the word patina is taken by some people to refer to rust. It really applies in an automotive sense to vehicles with worn, but basically intact paint and chrome. A vehicle that you might have trouble deciding whether to leave original or restore. This truck has a style of its own, but it looks like a field car resurected, not an original with patina.
                    In any case,if you like it, more power to ya!

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I love the way it looks- except a little too much surface rust for my taste[xx(]

I think "patina" has become generic. My dictionary defines patina as "a fine coating of oxide on the surface of a metal". (Surprised me that there was no reference to the surface of various non-metal antiques). To me, that means the common use of it in the hobby- defining worn out paint- is inaccurate. But it's now elevated to the level of "kleenex" (defines any facial tissue regardless of brand) or "frigidaire" (any brand of refrigerator). Same with "rat rod"- it no longer has to do with the original meaning; it's just become a keyword for cross-spamming.

This truck looks like somebody may have sanded it to bare metal and purposely let it rust just to get that "patina", but just overdid it...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Here's some pics of mine.

Comment

Comment

"patina" ...I'm beginning to think it means, "I can't really afford the extensive body and paint work my truck needs to become presentable."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

"snaded"?

"Correct not, less ye be corrected." <G> (Emphasis on <G&gt
                              I don't correct folks, because while my spelling skills are fail-safe, my typing skills are not[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X