62 backup lights can I get some measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 backup lights can I get some measurements

I'd like at anyones convience.....to get some measurements of the 62 reverse (backup) lights. length, width, height, etc, and if possible (don't go to great lengths) the base measurements that holds the bulbs.

I'd like to make a template and expierement a little.[}]

And a shot in the dark, if someone has a rusty base and cracked lense that's still together (right or left) Could I borrow it? It can be returned UNHARMED.

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

OK the lens measures 7 3/4" long by 2" high the deepest part of the lens (on the bottom) is 1 3/16" the shallow end is 1/2". Now the housing is 8" long with the gasket and 2 5/8" high with the gasket, from the lens mounting surface to the end of the socket is 2 3/4" on the top side and 2" on the bottom. The total assembled depth is approximately 3" deep from the surface of the lens to end of the socket. Hope this helps

Comment

Would you like a set off of a 62 that is under going dismantlement as I write this? If so let me know off line as the cost will be more than reasonable.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62SY4

OK the lens measures 7 3/4" long by 2" high the deepest part of the lens (on the bottom) is 1 3/16" the shallow end is 1/2". Now the housing is 8" long with the gasket and 2 5/8" high with the gasket, from the lens mounting surface to the end of the socket is 2 3/4" on the top side and 2" on the bottom. The total assembled depth is approximately 3" deep from the surface of the lens to end of the socket. Hope this helps
        That was above and beyond fine sir. I can work a rough template with this and approve or reject it through the TLAR method.

That Looks About Right.

ChopStu
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

email sent

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X