Peg Trucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg Trucking

I know Peg Trucking has come highly recommended by Forum members, but I requested a quote on Monday and again yesterday (Wed.) morning, and have gotten no response. Other companies I've requested quotes from have gotten back within 24 hours.

Does anybody know if Peg is still operating?

Thanks,
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

I know Peg Trucking has come highly recommended by Forum members, but I requested a quote on Monday and again yesterday (Wed.) morning, and have gotten no response. Other companies I've requested quotes from have gotten back within 24 hours.

Yes she's shipping one for me as we speak. Is she not returning your calls ?

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Yes she's shipping one for me as we speak. Is she not returning your calls ?

JDP/Maryland
      I haven't called, but emailed from their site. I guess I should try and call.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

If she's on the road, she won't get her e-mails .

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Peg shipped my Lark wagon from WA to NY; no problems or complaints. I contacted them about shipping the Wagonaire from CA to NY- quoted $1340. Booked with another company for $865.

For the difference I had to go the other way this time.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I talked to her twice on Monday and she emailed me on Tuesday, She is shipping a champ fron Co. to ND as we speak. She also told me that she had shipped 67 Studebakers last year. I was please with her quote it was $50.00 higher then another but I went with her because of the high recommendations from this fourm and studebaker truck talk.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 9snickers

I talked to her twice on Monday and she emailed me on Tuesday, She is shipping a champ fron Co. to ND as we speak. She also told me that she had shipped 67 Studebakers last year. I was please with her quote it was $50.00 higher then another but I went with her because of the high recommendations from this fourm and studebaker truck talk.
              Wow, That's over one a week, no wonder she likes us. BTW, if you don't like her quote, she'll try to find a cheaper one, but some shippers she won't use.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by 9snickers

Wow, That's over one a week, no wonder she likes us. BTW, if you don't like her quote, she'll try to find a cheaper one, but some shippers she won't use.

JDP/Maryland
                I did get an email quote yesterday...$140 less than the next-nearest quote. I am pleased (and somewhat surprised) by the quote. John, do they drop off at your door, or at a terminal someplace fairly near?

Thanks.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:
                  I did get an email quote yesterday...$140 less than the next-nearest quote. I am pleased (and somewhat surprised) by the quote. John, do they drop off at your door, or at a terminal someplace fairly near?

Thanks.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  Bill,

Did you get another Studebaker?? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I would rather use Peg for the above reasons. When I bought the wagon from Dick she was almost $200 more, but I didn't mind- nor did I have any problem. But the price difference on my latest was too much to ignore.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I like door-to-door pick up or delivery and not at some terminal somewhere. I pay the difference. I also have used open trailers and not enclosed without a problem to date.

BRAD

Comment

Working...
                      X