Thank You, NORM GETZ !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You, NORM GETZ !!!

One of the highlights of the International Meet for me this year was getting to ride around with Norm Getz.

The distance bewteen the show field and the swap meet was just too much for me at times. I felt a little guilty riding the golf-cart shuttle because I'm "only" 52 and I thought I'd better save it for some of the ones even "older" than I am.

However, after riding my first time and getting to meet Mr Getz, I was always looking for an excuse to ride it again. He was always so very pleasant and upbeat it was contagious.

After coming home I realized I hadn't asked what his name was. Then today I get my Jan. Turning Wheels and there on page 29 is a picture of Mr Getz behind the wheel of the golf-cart shuttle.

He's even wearing the same smile he had every time I saw him!

Thank you Norm for making my time in Lancaster memorable.

Norm said he had more fun running that shuttle and meeting everybody than he could have if he had just attended.
    Volunteering to help pull off a meet like this has its own unique rewards.
    Norm helps make the Keystone Region, and SDC, what it is.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Norm will always have memories of the many people he toted back and forth to the Swap Meet. He actually volunteered for the role and was a valuable asset to the success of the meet. At the end of the day, he made sure we returned the people movers to the Golf Pro and he was always there early in the morning picking them up and transporting people back and forth. Like Bard (Rockne10) and many other Keystones all were there to make your visit to a Keystone Hosted International Meet a great experience. We hope if we decide to do it again that you will return and bring your friends with you.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
      X