New Year's Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Baby

Since everyone was posting what Santa brought, I thought I'd add pics of our New Year's baby!

"Hattie" is a super-solid 1958 with the least options we've ever seen on a President. Radio delete and no power brakes or steering. But she's got an automatic transmission and front bumper guards. One family since new and 74K miles. She has hosted a few "friends" over the years, mostly in the headliner. [xx(](There's no puky face available.)

Happy New Year!
    ~Lori & Will

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"
    "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Nice color combo too

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
    57 Packard Wagon parts car
    57 Packard sedan parts car
    58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

I wish I Santa was that nice to me![V]

Comment

Looks good for a 51 year old "baby"!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23 & 24, 2009?
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Congrats on your find!!! How close am I to seeing Hattie?!!! Where did you two find her?

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Very nice car! As to few options, note no clock also. But they sprung for two-tone paint; how rare it would be (and nowhere 'near as attractive) in a single color. Congrats. Where was it? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Really nice present from Santa. I like the color combo and the odd set of options on the car. It is interesting that there are no Power Brakes and radio in a President. I guess that in 1958 they were being frugal just as folks today should bee. Seems that 58 was a recession year also as the Korean War was done and thungs were slow in the USA. Great find and please enjoy your "new" wheels.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Nice car. I have never seen a '58 that nice before.[]

Dylan
                '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

That is a really nice new years addition!
                  55 Commander Regal Coupe
                  XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
                  KARR (Knightrider)
                  Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Great new "Baby"! Now the feeding begins!
                    [img][/img]

John Clary
                    Greer, SC
                    SDC member since 1975
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Where in the world are you? How long till its a driver? That would be one cool ride on a road trip. Good find. and good luck getting it going.

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

Neat car. Must say your having a good year so far.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Very nice car! As to few options, note no clock also. But they sprung for two-tone paint; how rare it would be (and nowhere 'near as attractive) in a single color. Congrats. Where was it? BP
                          Did Studebaker offer a "clock delete" option? I thought clocks were standard on President Classics.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                          Museum R-4 engine
                          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Did Studebaker offer a "clock delete" option? I thought clocks were standard on President Classics.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                            Not according to 1958 President 4-door Sales Sheet PD8024, Paul; I'm looking at an original, here.

Directional signals, 2-speed electric wipers, and 225HP engine are listed as standard, but even a Climatizer is among the "reasonable extra cost" options![:0]

(BTW, and I learned this the hard way when Fred Fox "reminded" me about 15 years ago: All 1958 President sedans were just that; 4-door sedans. The word Classic to describe the long-wheelbase President Sedan was not used in 1958, since all the President sedans were long-wheelbase for the first time since 1955.) BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! The car came out of Yuma (northeastern), Colorado, and it came to us by word-of-mouth through the grandson of the original owner. The car is a great driver right now even though it's only had 300 miles since it was last serviced in 1980. Amazing that the brakes are still up and solid. We're going to do a complete service and some minor repairs and hope to have it in Cedar Rapids. [8D] Oh, and Lori insists I get the former "tenant's" stuff out of the headliner before we go down the highway. [xx(]

Carey, we'll probably have it running around to a club function or two this springtime. Maybe we can do an assembly of our chapter's '58s at one of the cruises this summer.

Will

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                              '63 Lark "Lucy"
                              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                              A bunch of other Larks
                              "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                              '63 Lark "Lucy"
                              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                              A bunch of other Larks

Comment

Working...
                              X