Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    62 GT Hawk
    63 Lark
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    63 GT Hawk R2
    [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/62hawka/dakota01_250.jpg[/img=left]
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

I often referred people to Jerry for authenticity information. I talked to him by telephone 3 weeks ago and he said he was getting excellent hospice care and was very upbeat even regaling me with some humorous stories about his doctor.

The photo above was taken during the Antique Studebaker Club tour at the 2002 International in South Bend.

He will be missed.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Godspeed, Jerry.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

Wonderful picture of a beautiful car and proud owner...and kind words. Thank you, Richard. Sounds like he was one of the many great souls this club is known for.

Comment

[V] 'Always reminds us of one more person we wished we had gotten to know. RIP, Jerry. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well said, BP.

I know that feeling: While thankfully I am healthy (AFAIK), it truly is medicating for my spirit to push some old dog into the garage and use my hands and knowledge to reverse decades of neglect and abuse and make it into something worth looking at again. Circumstances have prevented me from doing much of that at all for the last couple years, so for now I have to settle for planning and dreaming, and rescuing derelicts.

So what Mr. Quinn said about Mr. Daniels certainly rang true.

RIP, Jerry. Although we never met, to some extent we're kindred spirits.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

R.I.P Jerry. I wish the best for his loved ones. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

'Had to come back and re-post after spending some time on Jerry's website. Wonderfully done! Folks would do well to spend a few moments there. It helps you get to know Jerry and enjoy a beautifully-done Stude, too. Thanks for the link, Dick. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I just did the same thing. Great site. What a true labor of love that car was for him. Thanks again for that link, TurningWheel.

Comment

I am truely sorry to hear of Jerry's passing.
                    I had heard this Fall that he was not doing well.
                    I met Jerry while I was working on my 37 CE he was having his 37 redone and was looking for parts and information.
                    His daughter lived close to me and he made numerous trips to my garage.
                    I stopped in by him one time and he gave me a ride in his, I believe 1937 Packard 4 door. It was the first time that I had riden in a Packard and the first time riding behind a straight 8.
                    I looked forward to seeing Jerry and his wife at Studebaker events.
                    He seemed proudest at the last two national meets in South Bend with his 37.
                    Jerry was truely a great person and I will greatly miss him.
                    God Speed Jerry, now you and my Dad can work on Studebaker's in your final resting place.

Comment

Working...
                    X