Packard Hawk Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk Roster

As many of you know I maintain a list of surviving Packard Hawks. One of my goals for this year is to get it as up to date as possible. I have a sizeable list of owners but nothing about which car they might own. The roster is to track surviving cars not surviving owners. If you have someone in your local chapter who owns a Packard Hawk, see if they will allow you to forward their contact info to me. If they would prefer to give you the info and let you forward it that would also be fine. I know the managers of the other rosters would also like appropriate info for their rosters as well. What is the saying? It takes a village --- I guess the same can be said for lists of surviving cars. Any questions? Please let me know. Just no catfish jokes! LOL

Mike Williams

Mike

Mike, did I already give you 1379?

It belonged to a fellow in WI named Sobieski who died about 15 years ago, and was sold by his widow. I was a typical WI rusty bucket, good only for parts.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Do you already have 1344 in the roster?

Seems like I gave the info to some one more than 20 years ago. Car still in excellent operating and cosmetic condition.

Thanks to all those who volunteer their time for services like this one and 56J group.

Gil Zimmerman
      Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
      1956 Golden Hawk
      1958 Packard Hawk
      1958 President
      Gil Zimmerman
      Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
      1956 Golden Hawk
      1958 Packard Hawk
      1958 President
      1963 Avanti R2

Comment

Barry, I have 1379 on my list of parted out cars. That one is easy to remember as I have 1380 sitting in my garage.
        Gil, yes I have 1344 listed as a Parchment White car Automatic trans. Body 102, Hopefully that is correct.
        Thanks,

Mike

Comment

From the build sheet, I have determined that the title I have for my car is not the original one, but I have the car is stored in a place where it is impossible to open the door to see the VIN#, so I do not know if the VIN plate has been changed. If the original VIN plate is still in place, I will attempt to get an AL title for the car instead of using the wrong one.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Barry,
            Let's see if I understand. The intact PHawk you have is not the one that you have a title for? Do you need to determine which car you have or has that been resolved? If you need to ID the car and you can get the engine number, send it to me and I can tell you what serial number should be on that car. That is assuming the engine is the original one. That is most likely the item that has not changed. I have one car (1331)listed in your name on the roster and one on the parts car list.

Mike

Comment

I have located Packard Hawk serial # 58LS1065. It is white, with the natural color leather interior, automatic transmission, and has electric windows. It is an original California car and has not been licensed for about 25 years. It is complete. The owner might be consider selling it.

Howard
              53 Commander Starliner
              56 Sky Hawk
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I am adding info on my P. Hawk which you may have as it is listed on R. W."Bob" Bax list of 1989. SN 58LS1074, Body N 58L-K9/71, Engine N LS5287 replaced with 63 Engine N P94557. Automatic Trans replaced with T-85 3spd overdrive in 1981. Have owned this car since 1966 when I paid $ 208.00 for it being a basket case (supercharger was gone). We put the car together in short order and used it as our second car for over 15 years with very little repairs needed. It then sat in our back yard for 17 years with a yearly start up and move about the yard. In 1998 I retired and replaced all the brake cylinders. Since then I drive it to some car meets and family parties. Some changes over the years are A/C added in 1968, Alt and electric fuel pump in 1999, 15" 1986 Ford wheels with new tires in 1997, (still have orig 14" wheels and caps and original engine), replaced speedo and tach in 1968. Upholstery is badly there. Body and paint need much work. Plan to sell the P hawk in the near future.

Tinkerptw

58LS Since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X