Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Daytona 4dr. $1500 in KC

All considered, looks like a pretty good deal:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Interesting that he would say there is a Calif. State "Tropper" sticker on the windshield! Number ONE; they have no Troppers, or even Troupers, as they are all California Highway Patrol Officers. [:0]

Number Two; they have no State inspection stickers, because they do not have vehicle inspections! [:0] Years ago (1970's) they had a few State Smog Inspection Stations before they scrapped them, and authorized Garages to do it, but I don't remember ever getting a windshield sticker, just a paper to take to the DMV for registration.

Maybe it says CA, which could be Canada?

Good news is the springs do not look sagged, it's stance is as new!
    And the body looks quite straight, not a bad deal for someone who wants to tinker with the engine and most likely, if you do it correctly it will run fine, if not a few bucks $ later and it will!

These really are one of, or THE best cars, Studebaker ever built! Ask the <s>man</s> "person" who owns one!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Not my favorite colors, but they do work on that car. Looks pretty well preserved and cared for overall.

Reading between the lines, I bet that engine hasn't been stuck for long, and would come loose pretty easily! Could be a car that would go to daily driver status with relatively little effort and cost[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Well Rich, sorry for the typo on the "tropper" when I meant to type "trooper". Having only been in California once, and that was for business purposes for 3 days in the late 80's, I'm not familiar with what the highway patrol personnel are called. Here in Missouri they are called troopers or officers, either one.

As for the windshield sticker mentioned, it is a California Highway Patrol inspection sticker mounted on the outside of the passenger side showing an expiration date of June 1974. Doesn't specifically mention smog as you have eluded to so I suppose that it's possible. I would offer a photo as proof but my camera died right before Christmas and I haven't gotten a replacement yet.

Bob, On the color. My first car was a Bermuda Brown '65 Cruiser that my folks gave me when I started college back in 1969. When I saw this car advertised, even tho it was a '64, it was so close I fell in love with the idea of it resembling my first one and I took a chance on it. Henry Votel had purchased it from the estate in Minnesota and re-listed it on e-bay. I took a chance wanting a driver to get to local club functions while I continue to work on my other 2 projects (my '64 Hardtop and my '57 3E6 pickup).

I got in trouble with my city health dept. for having vehicles without current licenses on the property, so I decided to try to sell this one and put the others out of sight. I don't have room to get this one out of sight as well, but I have been granted a city storage permit to leave it outside for up to a year since they recognize it as a collectable vehicle. If it doesn't sell quickly, I may try again to unstick the engine (has been soaking with PB Blaster in the cylinders since Thanksgiving but haven't tried lately to see if it has loosened up) and drive it but as the ad says I'd rather put the finances toward the other two projects I already have.

Al Freese

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        '64 Daytona HT
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
        X