I DROVE my Stude today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I DROVE my Stude today!!

In December! Usually we have 8 or more inches of SNOW by this time,but the freaky weather patterns that melted all the Snow and Ice and gave us a days worth of rain cleaned the side streets of salt and crud.And since it was 40 degrees,I fired the Lark up and cruised around the neighborhood. I am sure that was the last thing the neighbors thought they would see! I think I can make it thru a couple more nasty months of winter now.I had my Stude fix!!

Lucky Ducky![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I truly envy you[], it is still wet and miserable here, but the rain is melting the snow, so I do have hope......... Glad you got your stude fix though, keep the faith through the snow.[8D]
      55 Commander Regal Coupe
      XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
      KARR (Knightrider)
      Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

I drove mine today also. Crystal blue sky, 60 degrees, just perfect.[8D] Need to do it more often.

Dan Miller
        Hotlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Doesn't it feel great to do that? I look for moderate days in Winter to take out the Stude or my Model A and take them for a spin.
          When I get back to my house, I'm invigorated by the trip.
          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Well I want my car to be a daily driver(it doesn't snow in Macon,GA), but right now the body isn't even bolted to the frame.

Alex Nelsen
            54 Champion K-body
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA

Comment

What Dan Miller said.

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

WHOOPEE DO!!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I drove the R2 Avanti project into the garage today. Of course it was only 50 feet, and on the starter motor, but it moved. I got the blown head gasket back on, rebuilt the carb, and hope to try it in the non hybrid mode by the weekend.

JDP/Maryland
                  Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I drive mine every day

Comment

That's cool to hear that the snow belt Stude drivers are just waiting for the right conditions. I'm able to drive my Stude year round here. I do wait for that type conditions to ride my motorcycles on the street. Got to admit, I don't ride unless the streets are dry.[xx(]

Gordon

Comment

It was a balmy forty degrees here in Fawn Lodge CA. The snow is nearly melted away and now everything is a muddy mess! Ah, well. Maybe I can get Bess' engine in the garage and on track to be put back in. Then I can drive MY Stude!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yay!

The weather here in Phoenix, is, well, beautiful...

Put my new fuel system in today. She turned over a bit, but the battery ended up dying on me. So, I'm hoping for some running tomorrow. Though, mind you, it's only running until th brake system gets done, then it's driving.

Jody

--

Comment

Now that's just too depressing to hear Hear I sit with two in progress,
                            I did however receive a box of pistons and rings from Stude International for the holiday Just one step closer.

Glad you got out and about.

Living vicariously through others journey's for now.

ChopStu
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

WHOOPEE DO!!!
                              In this part of the country it is rare to have a collector car on the road before mid-April which is when the snow and salt disappears. My plates expire at the end of November on my cars and I let the ones for the Studes lapse until mid-April until I can start driving them again. (I save a good 60 bucks by letting them lapse; yes, I AM a CASO!) About 15 years ago, we had a very mild January here, and with most of the snow off the roads, I actually did register my driver Studebaker early, and drove it around some. There were also a few motorcycles on the road that January as well. It is nice to have an early Stude-fix once in a while

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X