PDA

View Full Version : 55 4 door in Nebraska

wolfie
12-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Just a heads up to watch for the 55 4 door coming up at auction the end of the month in Hastings,Ne.Supposed to be AS NEW with 8009 !!!!actual miles.The few pics I recieved were low quality shots of the interior(which is nice but not perfect)and a very old B&W photo of the outside that may have been a publicity or owners manual pic.The auctioneer says he will post better pics soon on the proxibid site.Steve
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionlist.cgi?txtSearchZip=29640&txtSearchRadius=0&idxSearchCategory=0&gid=0&year=2009&month=1&day=24&txtSearchKeywords=studebaker

Anne F. Goodman
12-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Boy that is fantastic.

Mabel 1949 Champion
1957 Silverhawk
1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
Gus 1958 Transtar
1955 President State
1957 Golden Hawk
Fresno,Ca
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/Mabel.jpg?t=1165475035http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/xmasannecopy.jpghttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/GusMater.jpghttp://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/nw3anne/th_DSCN17232008-01-01.jpg

BobPalma
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
:) 'Does look unusually nice, and an unusual car as well: A first-series loaded car with power steering and power brakes!

The gorgeous steering wheel might help authenticate the miles, but I'd appreciate one of the five original wide whites in the trunk as a spare, if not the original spare itself. 'Might even be the original battery hold-down! :)[:0]:)[^][8D]

'Be interesting to see what it goes for in today's market. :DBP

41 Frank
12-29-2008, 07:22 AM
I alerted members of the Central Ne. Chapter in case they have not heard about it. Its about 2 1/2 hours from me but we're heading south tomorrow and won't be able to have a look.

Frank van Doorn
1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
1963 Daytona Conv
1941 Champion R-2 Rod

r1lark
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

:) 'Does look unusually nice, and an unusual car as well: A first-series loaded car with power steering and power brakes!

The gorgeous steering wheel might help authenticate the miles, but I'd appreciate one of the five original wide whites in the trunk as a spare, if not the original spare itself. 'Might even be the original battery hold-down! :)[:0]:)[^][8D]

'Be interesting to see what it goes for in today's market. :DBP

Hmmmm......the pictures of the Studebaker won't show up for me. All the other pictures do tho.[?]

Paul
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

BobPalma
12-29-2008, 09:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by r1lark
Hmmmm......the pictures of the Studebaker won't show up for me. All the other pictures do tho.[?]

Paul

:) Paul: Yes, it can be a little tricky getting to the car photos.

First open the auction information by clicking on View Full Listing.

The car pics still won't show up, so scroll to the bottom of View Full Listing to the line that says CLICK HERE FOR 200+ PHOTOS.

Click on that "200+ Photos" line and the car photos will finally appear along with everything else. (As has been noted, the photos are interesting, but not all that good or descriptive.) :DBP

r1lark
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Paul

:) Paul: Yes, it can be a little tricky getting to the car photos.

First open the auction information by clicking on View Full Listing.

The car pics still won't show up, so scroll to the bottom of View Full Listing to the line that says CLICK HERE FOR 200+ PHOTOS.

Click on that "200+ Photos" line and the car photos will finally appear along with everything else. (As has been noted, the photos are interesting, but not all that good or descriptive.) :DBP

Thanks Bob, that worked!

The pictures could be better. The first two showing the overall car look to have been taken in the late '60s/early '70s!!

Do the pictures show the original upholstery, or are those nicely fit seat covers?

Paul
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

BobPalma
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
:) Those are seat covers, Paul, but it wasn't uncommon back then for people to cover new or virtually-new upholstery with seat covers. :DBP

wolfie
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I dont believe the exterior pics are of this car.The auctioneer said the ones he took did not come out.It is my belief that these are actually pics captured off the internet(I COULD be mistaken about this and they could be very old pics of the actual car).The interior pics are supposed to be recent pics of the actual car.The auctioneer indicated to me the car would be running and ready to go.If someone here does go please take lots of pics.He indicated this was an unmolested never down original car.Steve

Desert Explorer
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
That sounds like it could be pretty close to a top notch "Refrence Car". I would like to see better photos also.

Nitram
12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
According to the listing it's always been "SHEDDED" :D

Thought that happens in the spring when the winter coat starts coming off.[8D]
(no wait, thats shedding)