PDA

View Full Version : Radio Restorer????

studehunter
12-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Any recomendations on someone to restore my 54 coupe commander radio. I see several listed in turning wheels, but I really would like to use someone who comes recommended from the forum. Also any suggestions as to what to actually have done such as an ipod connection or any other perks would be appreciated. Thanks for your input.

Domenic Manera
1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

raprice
12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm looking for the same information. I have a manual tune Stude radio which will fit my Lark dash.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
Smithtown,NY

StudeRich
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Dan Skidmore comes highly recommended by several Forum members, and I have known Dan for over 30 years. Phone: 310 398 7431.

I believe that Bud Alenik also in Calif. another long time friend of mine is actually working with Dan, so that eliminates him from your list. [^]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/My64Daytona.jpg
StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA

Gunslinger
12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I have not used this vendor, but see them regularly at Carlisle...Retro Radio Restoration. They do antique radio repairs for home and auto as well as AM/FM conversions. They're located in Elizabethtown, PA. Their web address is <www.retroradio.biz>. E-mail is <mfrenchek@retroradio.biz>.

Give them a shout and see what they can do for you.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

52 Ragtop
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
I had my 52 radio converted to am/fm here WWW.TURNSWITCH.COM
of try Bud Alenik at hda90250@sbcglobal.net, he can rebuild the stock one.

Jim

barnlark
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by studehunter

Any recomendations on someone to restore my 54 coupe commander radio. I see several listed in turning wheels, but I really would like to use someone who comes recommended from the forum. Also any suggestions as to what to actually have done such as an ipod connection or any other perks would be appreciated. Thanks for your input.

Domenic, you have my email. I have a repair guy somewhat near you and he just fixed another forum member's 53 radio. I can pass on his name for you. He's honest and reasonable..and a pretty fast turnaround.