Brake light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light Switch

I am preparing to install the Dual M/C Turner brake system on my 1950 Champion. Has anyone done this and if so, where did you locate the brake light switch? Will I be able to use the original switch? Are they activated by the pressure in the line when the brakes are applied?

Any other bits of advice on installing this system would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana

Anywhere in the system that you have an open port you may install it.

Of course it is a pressure switch, use your original or a replacement, it fits most 1960's Ford Cars and Trucks and almost ALL earlier Cars and Trucks that had two male round (bullet) terminals.

Good luck modifying a Brake System. I am no help, as I do NOT do that, never had a problem with a well maintained single M/C system! [:0]
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Studerich-
      I agree that well maintained systems are most likely alright. I just decided that it would add a little insurance if I ever had a bad leak at one wheel or something like that.

Thanks for getting back with me.

Jimmie
      Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Anywhere in the system that you have an open port you may install it.

Of course it is a pressure switch, use your original or a replacement, it fits most 1960's Ford Cars and Trucks and almost ALL earlier Cars and Trucks that had two male round (bullet) terminals.

Good luck modifying a Brake System. I am no help, as I do NOT do that, never had a problem with a well maintained single M/C system! [:0]

I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Please post tech questions on the Technical page, here:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X