PDA

View Full Version : POR Dealer?

JRoberts
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Does anybody know of a POR-15 dealer in North Carolina, or the southeast, possibly a Studebaker person? I need some ASAP.
Thanks,
Joe Roberts

Original50
11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Yep, The North Carolina Distributor lives right here in my 'Lil Ole Town of Gibsonville, N.C. He is Gary Chrisman and his phone number is 336-449-5407 or 336-449-6108 He is also into classic cars, and has a 1938 Buick. Let him know that Don Dodson sent ya. he is good people! :)

Don Dodson

bams50
11-28-2006, 08:45 PM
OK, good job! Now how about NY? [8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

rockne10
11-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't forget Bob Wilson in New Castle, De. Long time member of SDC and ASC. Always vending at York Swapmeet.
(302) 328-5547
por15paint@aol.com

StudeRich
11-29-2006, 03:29 AM
You can buy the generic brand POR15, at your local NAPA store. Martin Semour Paint is their brand name.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

JRoberts
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the help. I will take a look at NAPA first. Is it really as good as POR? I found, litterally overnight, some cracks and chips in the paint of my truck and need to stop the surface rust now, so I can have the time to get it painted propersly.

If not sure about the NAPA product I will get some from the North Carolina POR rep.

Thanks, Joe Roberts

StudeRich
12-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Joe, we have not given it the 10 year time test yet, but it went on much the same, looks the same, should last but no proof. I do know it was about 40% less money.

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

Thanks for the help.
If not sure about the NAPA product I will get some from the North Carolina POR rep.Thanks, Joe Roberts

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

Original50
12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

Thanks for the help. I will take a look at NAPA first. Is it really as good as POR? I found, litterally overnight, some cracks and chips in the paint of my truck and need to stop the surface rust now, so I can have the time to get it painted propersly.

If not sure about the NAPA product I will get some from the North Carolina POR rep.

Thanks, Joe Roberts

Joe if you want to put on something that will stop the surface rust, POR15 makes an item called Metal Ready, which is a zinc type coating that comes in a spray bottle. You simply spray it on and using a scotch brite rub it onto the area that is showing rust, and it will stop the rust whil'st you scratch your head and hiney while trying to talk yourself into a more permanent fix. Directions are on the bottle of course.

Don Dodson