Keep the critters out of your Stude!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the critters out of your Stude!!

A few guys I know that have stored cars swear by Irish Spring soap (original scent); couple bars inside, one in the trunk, one on the air cleaner... supposedly there's something specific to that brand that mice/rats can't stand [xx(]

I hate the smell of mothballs so much that I've always taken my chances- and paid with seat filling and headliner material [V] The soap smells much better, plus the smell fades quickly when the car is opened and used in the Spring!

Some say scented dryer sheets work also; so I have both in my stored cars- soap bars on paper on the floor, dryer sheets under the seats... hope this works like they say!! [^] Wanted to pass this along...

What (if anything) do you use?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Cats and a 20 gauge!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Cats and a 20 gauge!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I had a Triumph Spitfire that I used to store with bars of Irish Spring. Never had a problem.
        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
        64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

I had a Triumph Spitfire that I used to store with bars of Irish Spring. Never had a problem.
          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
          64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Cats and a 20 gauge!
            A 20 gauge?!? For mice?!?[:0]

(Note to self: Do NOT mess with Gary's cars!![xx(])

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Cats and a 20 gauge!
              A 20 gauge?!? For mice?!?[:0]

(Note to self: Do NOT mess with Gary's cars!![xx(])

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Had just found the makings of a nest under my Hawk Supercharger last year. Threw sheets of Bounce all over the engine comp, inside, glove box & trunk..After winter thaw found they moved into a desk drawer where I hadn't any Bounce around. Did my ritual a month ago, including around the desk & so far, no mice

Comment

Had just found the makings of a nest under my Hawk Supercharger last year. Threw sheets of Bounce all over the engine comp, inside, glove box & trunk..After winter thaw found they moved into a desk drawer where I hadn't any Bounce around. Did my ritual a month ago, including around the desk & so far, no mice

Comment

Been using Bounce for over 5 years and not one problem.
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Been using Bounce for over 5 years and not one problem.
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Does it have to be Bounce or will any brand dryer sheet work?

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Does it have to be Bounce or will any brand dryer sheet work?

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I love the smell of mothballs, but then again, I'm right partial to eau de skunk too! very good for opening the sinuses

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

I love the smell of mothballs, but then again, I'm right partial to eau de skunk too! very good for opening the sinuses

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Working...
                              X