PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker sighted in the Ed Gein movie

ChampTrucking
12-26-2008, 08:50 PM
In the scene out front of the Bar where Ed shot and kidnapped the female bar owner, a heavy set bearded guy pulls up in a pickup truck the following morning and finds blood trails.There is not a full shot of the truck,just the drivers door which shows the distinctive Champ pick up door and latch.It is Robin egg Blue in color.

sals54
12-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Speaking of Champ Trucks in movies... I remember seeing a Champ Truck get hit in the side during the chase scene in Terminator when Reese was in the Cadillac running from the Cyborg driving the cop car. It was while they were still in the parking garage, just before they hit the streets.

sals54
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/sals54/NewSignature.jpg

Bill Pressler
12-27-2008, 06:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

In the scene out front of the Bar where Ed shot and kidnapped the female bar owner, a heavy set bearded guy pulls up in a pickup truck the following morning and finds blood trails.There is not a full shot of the truck,just the drivers door which shows the distinctive Champ pick up door and latch.It is Robin egg Blue in color.

That event was supposed to have happened in 1954, so a Champ pickup would be a rare sight (!)--still, I'd be happy to spot a Champ, as I like them a lot!

I've seen that movie, but never noticed the Champ.

On a side note, as a longtime fan of scary movies ("Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte" is my favorite flick), I've been somewhat mesmerized over the years by the story of Ed Gein...events as bad as in any horror movie, but it really happened in a tiny town in Wisconsin! I can't imagine that town having to live down THAT reputation for over 50 years!

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

ChampTrucking
12-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Could be why they never showed a full shot of the whole truck.
That Ed was a seriously twisted dude.The stuff they found in his farm house was nasty! His Mother was some kind of wack job too.
www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/gein/bill_1.html - 34k
Here is Eddies story for those interested in reading it.

S_Ferrell
12-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I own Hush Hush... great movie. Love the 1964 Buick 225 they use to move the body. Speaking of rotten horror movies, there is a great gore flick from 1970 called, "I Drink your Blood" There are several scenes where a construction crew use a 1963 Champ throughout, nice surprise.