When I"m 98.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I"m 98.........

When I"m 98.........I'd like to be able to keep up with Ralph.
    Mich. man, 98, stays busy by restoring old cars
    BUSHNELL TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Karl Ralph is a mechanic at heart and even though he's 98 he can't give it up completely.

The resident of Montcalm County's Bushnell Township, about 30 miles east of Grand Rapids, made his living fixing cars, tractors and pretty much anything on wheels at Ralph's Welding & Machine, the garage he owned in Sheridan until 1989. Ralph now stays busy in retirement restoring old cars.

His latest project is a 1965 Studebaker Daytona that he picked up from one of his former employees four years ago. Ralph has been working on the Studebaker since 2004. The man he bought it from still drove it regularly until the car developed engine problems.

Ralph immediately got started diagnosing and repairing that trouble first. He pulled the 283-cubic-inch Chevrolet engine out and completely overhauled it, installing new head gaskets along with a new battery.

sigpic

Already discussed here:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks, hadn't seen it.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X