No announcement yet.

1960's IT'S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD MOVIE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960's IT'S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD MOVIE.

there is a quick shot of a 59 or 60 lark wagon in traffic,it was a comedy and very funny,with a number of big names starring!

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

One of my top 5 all-time favorite movies! Great big name stars, but for me it's mostly because the focus is on the CARS- and from my favorite era[^] A Must-See!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

How about that scene with Jack Benny driving the Maxwell? Or Phil Silvers driving the beautiful Ford convertible?
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

If you like cars, and want to see some good old comedians, see this movie! I bought it, as it's one of my "top 10" favorites! As a firefighter, I love the scene at the end with the ladder truck. The street scenes are great for "spot the Stude!"

Comment

I've always loved this movie. Both for the stars and the cars. As for the firefighters, got to love the Stooges...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

As a wee child I went to the premier of this movie at the Cinerama Dome on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood with my grandfather. I now work about 6 blocks from that theater.

The end of the film really makes me angry now every time I see it. It shows the BEAUTIFUL original downtown Long Beach built around Lincoln Park. In the 70's they tore it all down and replaced it with a concrete monstrosity that now needs to be razed again.

Ah . . . progress.

Comment

Learned the phrase "kicked the bucket" when my parents started cracking up at the beginning of this movie when it aired on TV. I was probably nine years old. Had to ask them what was so funny? Thank you Jimmy Durante.

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

The end of the film really makes me angry now every time I see it. It shows the BEAUTIFUL original downtown Long Beach built around Lincoln Park. In the 70's they tore it all down and replaced it with a concrete monstrosity that now needs to be razed again.

Ah . . . progress.
                I think every one of us who lives/has ever lived in Lost Angelease has a scene like that. For me it's all the shots of the San Diego Freeway southbound through Sepulveda Pass: the pavement is so fresh and the action so controlled you have to wonder if it was even open to traffic yet when they filmed. I think I last saw the actual surface of that stretch of pavement sometime in the early 1980s, though I've driven over it several times since... bumper to bumper at 65-80 MPH no matter the time of day or night. NOT fun in a '59 Lark VI/FOM riding WeeDubbayou tires.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

(edited for spelling; SWEIN)

Comment

I've always been in search of the treasure under the BIG "W"

Happy New Year

george o

Comment

I saw this movie as a kid. I really liked the out of control airplane flying.

Comment

ont be silly, what can possibly happen to an Old Fashion?

Comment

Working...
                      X