N.O.S. 55-56 Packard T85 trans FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.O.S. 55-56 Packard T85 trans FS

Wow! A friend of mine from North Alabama just called me and told me about a T85 3speed manual trans that is N.O.S. still in the box. It does NOT have overdrive. Fits 55-56 Packard and 56J. It has the slip yoke style end on it. He took the side cover for inspection. It looks great. He is asking $500 for it.

Other items he has for sale are:
    3:31 TT out of 62 GT
    4:09 TT out of 57 Transtar
    T10 4spd (Ford Pattern)

His name is Joe Moore and his number is (256) 773-7451
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Please recheck your information. At the risk of disagreeing with a fellow Alabamian, the transmission described definitely DOES NOT fit a '56J and AFAIK, neither does it fit the Packards. The '56J was never offered without overdrive and they did not have a slip yoke; all were overdrives with bolt-on yokes.

That transmission is <s>most likely</s> might be one of the '58-up Stude taxi/<s>truck </s>units which SASCO still has for sale.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

Hey Jack
      All my truck T-85/T89's have the fixed output yoke.
      Thanks!

3E38
      4E2
      4E28
      5E13
      7E7
      8E7
      8E12
      8E28

59 Lark
      etc

Comment

I just sold a 55 Packard OD unit last week, & it had the fixed yoke as does my 56J OD trans.
        Non-OD T-85's have a short output shaft which can not be adapted to the OD units, though many of the other internal parts are good for using to rebuild a sick OD trans.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thanks for the info. on the T85. Here's some more information on the trans. Where the clutch plate goes on the input shaft it is one inch and an eighth. It has 10 teeth and a ford style bolt pattern. Are there any other measurements needed to identify what this tns goes to? It was one the last parts sold when the Stude dealership in Lawrenceburg TN closed.

Richard Burks
          Middle TN chapter
          53s
          57 Transtar
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X