This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie down hook

I am working on my Champ pickup bed and need two tie down hooks that bolt on the outside of the bed at the front and rear. The two I have are about 4" long, tapered on the flat side that bolts on the bed. They have 204C stamped in the side. Also have two 5/16 holes for bolts.

Which bed are you working on? P1 or P2?

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Which bed are you working on? P1 or P2?

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Those things were aftermarket, best I know. They're not listed in the parts catalogs. This isn't to say a dealer wouldn't have put some on if a customer wanted them. Personally, I wouldn't want them. I think they detract from the looks of the truck. But it's a matter of tastes, I'm sure.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Those things were aftermarket, best I know. They're not listed in the parts catalogs. This isn't to say a dealer wouldn't have put some on if a customer wanted them. Personally, I wouldn't want them. I think they detract from the looks of the truck. But it's a matter of tastes, I'm sure.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm working on the P1 bed I got out of Texas last fall. Mr. Biggs I think you are right. I'm going to put side racks on it and the tie downs probably would not like to swift. Thanks.

Comment

I'm working on the P1 bed I got out of Texas last fall. Mr. Biggs I think you are right. I'm going to put side racks on it and the tie downs probably would not like to swift. Thanks.

Comment

Buckeye,

My truck's bed has the four square holes for side rails (sounds like that's what you have, too). I am looking at some of those removable eye bolt "plugs" that fit into those holes. I don't know if the ones at Home Depot will fit the Stude holes, I'll have to measure. Another possible source is the LMC Truck catalog for Ford trucks. They have some neat stuff that could serve well as accessories on a Stude truck.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Buckeye,

My truck's bed has the four square holes for side rails (sounds like that's what you have, too). I am looking at some of those removable eye bolt "plugs" that fit into those holes. I don't know if the ones at Home Depot will fit the Stude holes, I'll have to measure. Another possible source is the LMC Truck catalog for Ford trucks. They have some neat stuff that could serve well as accessories on a Stude truck.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
                  X