56 commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 commander

I'm going to try to reach out to the Stude world once again to see if I can locate and acquire a rust free 56 commander preferably a coupe with manual transmission. If not, then a 59-63 Lark bodied coupe would be OK. Any such animal out there, please let me know.

quote:Originally posted by tripowerman

I'm going to try to reach out to the Stude world once again to see if I can locate and acquire a rust free 56 commander preferably a coupe with manual transmission. If not, then a 59-63 Lark bodied coupe would be OK. Any such animal out there, please let me know.
    I am bulding a '56 Champion 2door sedan into a hotrod with an R1 motor, etc. The two door sedans are pretty rare, but they are out there. I found mine on Craigslist for a couple of hundred dollars.

Good luck and don't give up!

Comment

Don't know where you are, but here is one in central California

I bought my 60 Lark from this area about a year ago.

Reviving an early Lark
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

To straighten the terminology out: The only coupes post-'55 are in the '56-'61 Hawk line. There are two door sedans from '56-'66.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't know where you are located, but keep a eye out on craigslist. Be sure to look in the seattle-takoma area in Washington, One '56 2door sedan has been coming and going for a while. I don't know if it was sold, but last time I saw it on it was under 1k and pretty solid and complete. Would have got it myself if I could.

Dylan
          '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
          X