4bbl carb wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4bbl carb wanted

I have a 2bbl manifold thats been converted and Im looking for a 4bbl carb 500cfm
    not really looking to plunk down the new Edelbrock price as its an experiment but if there is no other option I guess I will need to do so

correct me if Im wrong but I will probably also need a throttle rod as well?

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
    259cid flight o matic

"IT'S BAD LUCK TO BE SUPERSTITIOUS"

Try ebay, and you do not need another rod.

JDP/Maryland
    Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Make sure you check someplace like Summit Racing for a price before you grab an ebay carb. I see some of them going for as much as you would pay through a regular speed shop.

The 500's don't come up as often as the 600 and bring more money. If you lean a 600 down it will perform just fine.

ErnieR

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Comment

yea the 500s on ebay are right around 270-300

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
        259cid flight o matic

Comment

I just put a 500CFM Edelbrock, Performer Series on my daughter's 1961 Hawk. Boy does it run better!!! The old Carter WCFB was a piece of C----!!! The car loped at stop lights and burned too rich on the right bank! I am buying another for my 1963 Champ Pickup. No use "experimenting" with the old Carbs! Take my advice... buy a new Edelbrock!!

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

Oh I forgot... I do have the old Carter WCFB I took off the Hawk... it was rebuilt a couple years ago. If you are interested, I would be willing to sell it!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

I just put a 500CFM Edelbrock, Performer Series on my daughter's 1961 Hawk. Boy does it run better!!! The old Carter WCFB was a piece of C----!!! The car loped at stop lights and burned too rich on the right bank! I am buying another for my 1963 Champ Pickup. No use "experimenting" with the old Carbs! Take my advice... buy a new Edelbrock!!

1403 with the electric choke? did you also buy the spacer to lift it off the manifold? how hard was the linkage to hook up
              Im asking alot because I have the stromburg 2bbl on right now

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
              259cid flight o matic

Comment

Once you have your two barrell manifold converted to 4 barrell, you use a spacer to raise the carb up some, otherwise the rear butterflys and linkage will catch on the surface of the manifold. As for the linkage, I went to the local hardware store and purchased a swival link to attach to the carb and then to the accellorator link. (I'm having a 'Senior Moment' so I don't remember the exact name, but the hardware store is not far, so I will go by and see exactly the name so you can purchase one at a local hardware store.) Its not a difficult change over. Probably won't take but a few hours, but... Also you will need new studs to bolt the carb down with. I went ahead and got 3" studs, they are a bit long, but they only sell them in 1" variances and a 2" stud is too short. I didn't cut them down and they don't interfere with anything, but you could cut them shorter if you want.

Hope this helps.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JLasvegas

yea the 500s on ebay are right around 270-300
                  *******************************************************************
                  I have several Edelbrock carbs:

1403 (500cfm/electric choke/performer) (Summit $307.95 + $11.75 handling) $298 INCLUDING shipping.

1404 (500cfm/manual choke/performer) ($259.95 + $11.75) $255

9904 (remanufactured 500cfm/manual choke/performer) (Summit NLA) $245

1405 (600cfm/manual choke/performer) (Summit $264.95 + $11.75) $260

9905 (remanufactured 600cfm/manual choke/performer) (Summit NLA) $245

1406 (600cfm/electric choke/economy) (Summit $289.95 + $11.75) $280

9906 (600cfm/electric choke/economy (Summit $249.95 + $11.75) $245

Also have a new Carter 9641 Marine 625cfm/electric choke NLA $285

All above INCLUDE shipping to the 50 states.

And Big End Chrome air cleaner 14" x 3" for Edelbrock carb $20 + ship.

Ted (email: tedharbit@aol.com )

Comment

FYI-

I just got an email from Summit Racing saying they're having a 10% off sale on all Edelbrock Performer carbs 12/15 - 12/17/08.

Scott Rodgers
                    Los Angeles
                    SDC Member since 1989
                    '60 Lark HT
                    '63 Wagonaire
                    Scott Rodgers
                    Los Angeles
                    SDC Member since 1989
                    \'60 Lark HT
                    \'63 Wagonaire
                    \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Jason;

Here is the information I got for the required carb linkage hookup. Go to your local hardware store and get a Ball Joint Assembly, thread 10-32. My hardware store gets these from Serv-a-lite Products part no. BJA - 10F. The cost here at our hardware store are $5.98 each. Good luck.

Comment

I bought a like new 600 cfm 1406 electric choke edelbrock off craigs list. Could drive to owners home and $100 brought the carb home. E-bay is great, but don't overlook craigs list for local buys. (also bought a nice 1406 manual choke off craigs list for$25.) It Had electric choke removed.

Randy Wilkin
                        1946 M5 Streetrod
                        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
                        Randy Wilkin
                        1946 M5 Streetrod
                        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                        X