X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute old 57

Saw this one this summer at our weekly cruise:

Owner said he bought it in PA when he went to look at another car...

Not a very popular car, but I loved it [8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Nice car. I like the 56/57 cars.I have a 56 Champion 2dr and love it.Few and far between.

Orlando FLA
    Orlando FLA

Comment

Nice car. I like the 56/57 cars.I have a 56 Champion 2dr and love it.Few and far between.

Orlando FLA
      Orlando FLA

Comment

There is a 57 Scotsman for sale in Louisa, VA, but they want $2,500.00 for it. It has been sitting on a used car lot for over a year. I think it is still there. If anybody is interested, Frank Drumheller would know if it is still there.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

There is a 57 Scotsman for sale in Louisa, VA, but they want $2,500.00 for it. It has been sitting on a used car lot for over a year. I think it is still there. If anybody is interested, Frank Drumheller would know if it is still there.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Nice car. I like the 56/57 cars.I have a 56 Champion 2dr and love it.Few and far between.
            I like those too. My Dad has a pretty '56 Champ two door.
            185 flat head 6, OD trans, dual exhaust. [8D]

View from the driver's seat.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

quote:Nice car. I like the 56/57 cars.I have a 56 Champion 2dr and love it.Few and far between.
              I like those too. My Dad has a pretty '56 Champ two door.
              185 flat head 6, OD trans, dual exhaust. [8D]

View from the driver's seat.

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

That is a nice 56 Champion, Matthew. It looks like you have lots of Studebakers around there. What is that on top of the shed? Does the 56 have real dual exhaust, or just a piece of tail pipe at the opening of the bumper? There was a 57 Two door at the Spokane meet.

Comment

That is a nice 56 Champion, Matthew. It looks like you have lots of Studebakers around there. What is that on top of the shed? Does the 56 have real dual exhaust, or just a piece of tail pipe at the opening of the bumper? There was a 57 Two door at the Spokane meet.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The exhaust pipe splits right behind the engine into two pipes, so it's real dual exhaust, but only has one inlet from the engine.

Yes, there's a few old Studes around. That on the building is the remains of a rotted '39 Plymouth coupe. It's just a shell with doors. My uncle bought it off eBay. The ad said it was a Stude, but we figured out it's not. [V]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, Georgia
                    '59 Scotsman PU
                    '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The exhaust pipe splits right behind the engine into two pipes, so it's real dual exhaust, but only has one inlet from the engine.

Yes, there's a few old Studes around. That on the building is the remains of a rotted '39 Plymouth coupe. It's just a shell with doors. My uncle bought it off eBay. The ad said it was a Stude, but we figured out it's not. [V]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:That on the building is the remains of a rotted '39 Plymouth coupe. It's just a shell with doors. My uncle bought it off eBay. The ad said it was a Stude, but we figured out it's not.
                        That is funny. My first car was a 40 Plymouth that someone gave me when I was 13 years old. Below is my sister and her friend on it.

Comment

quote:That on the building is the remains of a rotted '39 Plymouth coupe. It's just a shell with doors. My uncle bought it off eBay. The ad said it was a Stude, but we figured out it's not.
                          That is funny. My first car was a 40 Plymouth that someone gave me when I was 13 years old. Below is my sister and her friend on it.

Comment

Yes, the photos of the '57 Scotsman posted by Leonard, which really does justice to the car, shows the car where it still resides. Its a restorable car out of Pennsylvania. When it showed up over two years ago, a friend and I stopped one afternoon to check it out. As I am a fan of Scotspersons, I hopped out of my truck and trotted up to the car and swung open the driver's door, popped my head in to read the odometer-WOW, I withdrew faster than a speeding bullet. A possum had crawled into the car and died a week or so earlier. It took several hours to get my breath back!! I haven't been back, although the car is only 20 miles from here.

I never even talked with the owners, but I heard from the grapevine they were asking $2500. I have a feeling it could be bought for less without the odor, but I lost my interest long ago!

Frank Drumheller
                            Louisa, VA
                            '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                            '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck
                            no Scotsman 2 door sitting on my hill stinking up the place!

Comment

Yes, the photos of the '57 Scotsman posted by Leonard, which really does justice to the car, shows the car where it still resides. Its a restorable car out of Pennsylvania. When it showed up over two years ago, a friend and I stopped one afternoon to check it out. As I am a fan of Scotspersons, I hopped out of my truck and trotted up to the car and swung open the driver's door, popped my head in to read the odometer-WOW, I withdrew faster than a speeding bullet. A possum had crawled into the car and died a week or so earlier. It took several hours to get my breath back!! I haven't been back, although the car is only 20 miles from here.

I never even talked with the owners, but I heard from the grapevine they were asking $2500. I have a feeling it could be bought for less without the odor, but I lost my interest long ago!

Frank Drumheller
                              Louisa, VA
                              '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                              '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck
                              no Scotsman 2 door sitting on my hill stinking up the place!

Comment

Working...
                              X