53 Studebaker in old Austrailian magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Studebaker in old Austrailian magazine

Since I saw the story of Mr. Weeks pulling a trailer with his Champion, I though I would put this article of a 53 Champion pulling a trailer.

There is another article in the magazine with a Studebaker

And an article about a Jaguar with an automatic transmission. It states that the Jag transmission is similar to the Studebaker.

Leonard Shepherd

Trust you to have that Leonard (smile) is there anything you don't have?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia

John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Looks like the passenger in the first photo is completely terrified! I probably would be too if I was on a winding path by the water's edge with that car's stock brakes[:0]

Or is that the driver in a RHD car? Same would apply[8]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

A really different sort of article, thank you for sharing it. I found it interesting that they praised the overall performance of the Studebaker Champion pulling a trailer. This shows how different the driving habits and roads of that era were like, compared to what we would call acceptable performance today.

Dave Bonn
        '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Working...
        X