Studebaker trinkets you may like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker trinkets you may like

Recently photographed a few of my display cases filled with Studebaker, pins, buttons, ornaments, scripts and the like. Here is one, have lots more. Any interest?

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I'd love to see more.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow!! Sure would like to see more. Thank You

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      1957 Golden Hawk
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

These are mostly ladies pocket mirrors, a popular give-away in the early 20th century. Note, however, the three at bottom are from the Lark/Hawk era. All are Studebaker.

Richard Quinn
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Those pocket mirrors are amazing. I thought I liked your button and pin collection without equal until I saw those. How unusual and super rare. Really fascinating stuff. The almanac black and whites never did them justice; glad there were the occasional color issues. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

You are welcome. There are a lot more! Here are some watch fobs and misc. Studebaker lighters.

Richard Quinn
            Richard Quinn

Comment

I don't have anything like Richard has, but I do have a small display.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard; I like your format!

Some other miscellaneous items. There is a lot more!

Richard Quinn
                Richard Quinn

Comment

[)]What about thimbles with Studebaker logo or advertisement on them?

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                  http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Amazing- both the collection, and that you actually asked if there would be any interest![]

Thanks for taking the time to share. I wonder how much stuff like this people collect, then nobody gets to see it?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

A few body name plates. I have boxes full of the post war variety but never bothered to put them in display cases since they are fairly common. The dash plaque in the upper left is actually a prototype for the '61 Gran Turismo (four speed), not the '62 GT.

There's a lot more!

Richard Quinn
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

Dick,
                        Been a while since I last visited you at Mokena & recall you did'nt have the screwbacks, pinbacks & other small items as well set up as you have now so thanks for sharing them all with us. Would like to show some photos of my own collection if I could figure how to post them on the Forum. Maybe at a future SDC International Meet we could put up our respective Studebaker lighter collections in competion with each other? Lets speculate on the award !!

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                        MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Dick and leonard, thanks for the memories and the pictures of the colllections. Always great to see things of this nature.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Nice stuff Richard! By the way, when did you start collecting?
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Leonard; I like your format!
                              Some other miscellaneous items. There is a lot more!
                              Really great to see such a collection. Your place should be designated a National Historic Landmark.
                              I'm fascinated by the picture of the letter opener at the bottom of this frame. Do you have any idea of the vintage? I have one with the same shape and stamping except that it was for a different company. It belonged to my dad.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                              Museum R-4 engine
                              1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                              1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X