Clear All

• broken front seat

Anyone ever have this happen?

quote:Originally posted by leyrret

Anyone ever have this happen?
    I hate when that happens!

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Nope, but I've had 'em recline when I didn't want them to.

Comment

That's what makes old cars so fun! It's just basic metallurgy that metal will fatigue with enough use and passage of time and these things will happen. We notice the obvious, like paint fading, rubber cracking, and upholstery wearing and tearing; but usually don't think about metal. Actually, any part of an old car is subject to fatigue breakage; it's amazing we see it as little as we do...

Not the fault of the car, or the operator. All you can do is fix it and keep smilin' till the next thing[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

It gave me a reason to pull the seat and figure out why the adjuster has been stuck since I put the seat in
          several years back.(Plus clean all the crap that accumulated under there) It seemed the seat was laying back but paid no attention till it let go. It and adjuster are now fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X