Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I Exist...Now...

...got my 15 minutes of fame, too.

I'm a reel live member of SDC now and got my name page on page 11 "Welcome New Members" in [u]Turning Wheels Magazine</u>, December, 2008! Coolness

(First time I joined anything that didn't involve drill sergeants or mug shots...)

Eddie Trethewey, Houston, Texas

"No matter where you are...there you are!"
    Dr. Buckaroo Bonzai

Welcome to SDC and to the SDC Forum Eddie! [^]

What kind of Stude. do you have? Got Pics?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good on you Welcome Eddie.

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Welcome, Eddie. Perhaps a new type of contest is in order: How many posts you have on this Forum before your name appears in Turning Wheels as a new member. (I note Eddie had 36 posts; that sounds like a record so far!)BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi there, y'all.

I don't as yet own a Stude; I gotta sell my daily-driver 1-owner '91 Ford F-150 with a B5.9L Cummins diesel 8-spd. first to finance my next daily-driver compact economy car...yep, a clean '59-'60 Lark VI, 3-spd.OD. Ironic, eh? Basically the same reasons folks bought Lark VI's in this spec orginally--sheesh.

Eddie

"No matter where you are...there you are!"
          Dr. Buckaroo Bonzai

Comment

WELCOME.

Comment

Welcome Eddie! Hope you get that Lark soon enough to participate in the First Annual Drive Your Studebaker Day

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome aboard Eddie.
                This is such a cool site to hang out at. The knowledge here is priceless! Don't be afraid to ask questions about your new Lark. Studebakers are great old cars. Good choice!

Enjoy,
                Gordon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Welcome, Eddie. Perhaps a new type of contest is in order: How many posts you have on this Forum before your name appears in Turning Wheels as a new member. (I note Eddie had 36 posts; that sounds like a record so far!)BP
                  I think I will hit 500! I asked for a membership for Christmas.

ChopStu
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Hello Eddie! So, having not yet owned a Studebaker...what made you decide to go this route, eh? For me it was a mixture of study, a good friend and being at the right place at the right time!

By the way...word of warning: Studebakers are just a fascination or a hobby until you own one...then it multiplies exponentially into an OBSESSION!!

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

Welcome, Eddie.

I envy your locale, I spent over a year building a car to drive, now I gotta wait till spring (in Ohio) to drive it. You'll probably be on the road in your Lark (I had one like that, needed the rear doors for loading groceries) but the Lark sixes with OD are a great little car. I once got 29.25 mpg on the interstate [edit: yeah, I was holding 65 to 70] with mine.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                      Tom Bredehoft
                      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                      (Under Construction 564 hrs.)
                      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                      All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
                      X