PDA

View Full Version : 1st grear shift valve body

cbratton
08-16-2006, 12:19 AM
I purchases a valve boby from SASCO to change my second gear start trans to make it a first gear start trans, the trans is a Borg worner in a 1964 Daytona. When I install it will I have to do anything else to make this valve body work.

CAL

StudeRich
08-16-2006, 02:11 AM
You may want to read this bunch of posts: http://adams.patriot.net/~jonroq/Text/1stgearst.txt from the Bob Johnstone's Studebaker Site Technical pages. OR... Maybe not!:( Because some members have a different opinion of how to do this.[:0]
I have always heard I believe from very dependable sources, that it is a "bolt in". But to do it right, the second gear (forward)band should be replaced with a wider one as used in the heavy duty Flight-O-Matic and Power Shift to take the abuse of the 1-2 shift, of course it would make sense even more, if you have a 289 4 Brl. or a "warmed over" one![^]

quote:Originally posted by cbratton

I purchases a valve boby from SASCO to change my second gear start trans to make it a first gear start trans, the trans is a Borg worner in a 1964 Daytona. When I install it will I have to do anything else to make this valve body work.CAL

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA