Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey yall incase your interested.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey yall incase your interested.........

in this months issue of ol skool rodz, there is a two page article with some pictures of my trip to california in the gasser. i was kinda stoked when i saw it in there. its the march of 09 issue. check it out!!! ill post some more pics of the gasser soon. been some changes on it lately

Post some pictures. I would like to see them.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

ok guys and gals...i apologize for the long absence. here are some pictures of the road trip from indy to vegas to califonia and back to indy in the 52 gasser

Comment

some more

this lil guy was around back of the wigwam hotel in winslow

the gasser sittin at "the end of the world" hunington beach ca

Comment

That's TOO COOL! I dream of a Rt.66 trip in a Stude. Someday![8D]

How was the trip with that suspension? And what drivetrain do you have?

I'll have to see if that mag. is in my local book store. Thanks for sharing!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Read the article.Sounds like fun.Always great to read about Studes in print.
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

'Way cool indeed, Yancey. As we would have said in the 60s; "What a trip!"

Any chance you and the wife/girlfriend could join our local SDC Indy Chapter for our Christmas Dinner Sunday, December 28? It will be at Augustino's Italian Restaurant on Indianapolis' south side; 1:30 PM. We'd sure like to have you. My phone number is in the book under R.J.Palma; call for particulars if you like. (I remember seeing your '52 at The World of Wheels "old timer's display" last year and we'd all like to learn more about it. ) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. The one of the Blue Swallow Motel brings back memories of our Chapter's Route 66 Tour in 2003. Five cars/2 Truck spent the night there.

Bob Johnstone

55 President State Sedan
                64 GT Hawk
                70 Avanti (R3)
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gassedbaker

Well done, Yancey! [8D]

Your Stude is JUST right!! [] Beautiful!

You probably won more converts to Studebakering with that well documented trip than most of us here have done in 10 years.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Since your into gassers I saw on the news stand a magazine I haven't read before
                    Rod and Kulture (that's how its spelled) there's a section in there this month on the Suicide King, thats been mentioned here before and a youtube video of it hitting a light pole cause the steering wheel came off.

Back to your trip. I too would and will do a Route 66 trip once my car's done. Like to time the trip with an event in Del Mar. Have heard it's really nice, Horse Tracks? and would definitly need advice as to where to stay.

Now being full of ideas,
                    Would be kinda neat to do a Rolling Studebaker Tour from one point to another. Wouldn't have to be as long as Rt 66 perse, just a thought.

EDITED 1-5-09 to include the Link I talked about.

ChopStu
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yancey

Nicely Done. I've looked at the gasser for a long time and can't find anything I'd change. Nice that you made it streetable.

A well thought out and executed ride.

Congrats, Bob []

Comment

Baaaaddd Stude Gasser! Nose high and gettin' it on!

By the way, I stayed at the Blue Swallow Motel once on a trip thru the Southwest. Nice little place.

Chris Pile
                        Midway Chapter SDC
                        The Studebaker Special
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

thanks for the kind words guys. the trip went flawless until kingman, az. stopped to get gas and check the vitals, and lo and behold, a hole in the radiator. found a lil hole in the wall, no pun intended, shop and fixed it within twenty minutes!!! the car sported a warmed over 355 chevy, t-5 trans, nine inch ford with homemade six foot ladder bars. the axle is one of speedway motors kits. it drives like its on rails. no wandering, pullin, or anything. as of right now the cars broke again. the torque of the new motor kinda killed the trans. its the same block but with extensive head porting and no has a dual quad elderbrock set up. the cams two up from the old z28 camaro cam with wolid lifters, which was allowing for the 6800 to 7000 shifts!! the darned ol t-5 just wasnt ready for that haha!!!! in the 'stock' trim, road trip drivetrain with 3.25 gears, she ran 13.01. now when i get the trans fixed and it dailed in, with the 4.30 gears im hopin to be back in the 11's. may even be an injected cadillac in its future not sure yet. but since i have a computer now, ill definatley keep everyon p[osted

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

Back to your trip. I too would and will do a Route 66 trip once my car's done.

Now being full of ideas,
                            Would be kinda neat to do a Rolling Studebaker Tour from one point to another. Wouldn't have to be as long as Rt 66 perse, just a thought.
                            Here's the trip Bob J. referenced, starting from the first page:

This is the home page for the Studebaker Drivers Club, Potomac Chapter for Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia

I revisit this every so often, and dream about doing one just like it some day. Take the time and go through the whole site[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Yancey,
                              That is one WICKED Stude. Great road trip pix too.

sals54
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X