More Sleuthing / Feb. 2009 Collectible Automobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Sleuthing / Feb. 2009 Collectible Automobile

A couple weeks ago, about a third of the way through the following topic, we discussed the first five 1964 Studebakers assembled:

Nelson Bove is positive the C/SA 1964 Daytona convertible shown on Page 59 of the February 2009 Collectible Automobile is, in fact, one of those first five cars, even though the photo would have been taken well over a year after the car was built.

Just for fun, study the Page 59 photo carefully and post if you can find a certain clue that Nelson is, in all probability, right. (Nels; no fair participating.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

A couple weeks ago, about a third of the way through the following topic, we discussed the first five 1964 Studebakers assembled:

Nelson Bove is positive the C/SA 1964 Daytona convertible shown on Page 59 of the February 2009 Collectible Automobile is, in fact, one of those first five cars, even though the photo would have been taken well over a year after the car was built.

Just for fun, study the Page 59 photo carefully and post if you can find a certain clue that Nelson is, in all probability, right. (Nels; no fair participating.) BP
    You can see in the picture that this car has a flanged rear axle instead of the tapered rear axle. The first five '64 cars built all had flanged rear axles.

What do I win, Bob?

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark
      You can see in the picture that this car has a flanged rear axle instead of the tapered rear axle. The first five '64 cars built all had flanged rear axles.

What do I win, Bob?

Paul
      [8D] BINGO! 'Glad to see all the neurons firing, Paul. I'll ask Dick Quinn for one of his famous POOPs (Prize Of Outrageous Proportions) and forward it when Dick sends it along.

(Man, I'm going to have to come up with some tougher questions...[u]you guys are good</u>!) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

What do I win, Bob?

Paul
        [8D] BINGO! 'Glad to see all the neurons firing, Paul. I'll ask Dick Quinn for one of his famous POOPs (Prize Of Outrageous Proportions) and forward it when Dick sends it along.

(Man, I'm going to have to come up with some tougher questions...[u]you guys are good</u>!) BP
        Now the rest of the story......

I did that without looking at the picture again. I knew that the pic in CA showed the car didn't have hubcaps, thus knew this HAD to be the the right answer!

Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky......once or twice in a lifetime you're both!

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

OK, Paul; here's your prize: I just located the newspaper clipping of the '49ers advertisement referenced elsewhere in the bicycle thread and will send you a photocopy. (Ironically, it's on the same page of the scrapbook as the two other advertisements Dick Quinn posted this morning! Is this the Twilight Zone or what?) BP

Comment

I just bought the latest "Collectible Automobile" this afternoon to enjoy Bob Palma's Studebaker article, and to my surprise, got a bonus article on one of my childhood speed heros - Art Arfons.

Chris Pile
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The Studebaker Special
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
            X