Holy Cow! Lark fenders $1K!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow! Lark fenders $1K!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Now that's just rediculous.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That just makes me sick. I had a NOS pair of 61-63 style.

Comment

I don't think I'm shocked. If there is no supply, and a lot of cars needing parts...

Just another reason I like the '64-'66 cars. Cheap sheetmetal .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It's hard to inagine an early Lark high-end enough to warrant that much money for fenders- even NOS!

Most all I've seen that have rust are just along that back edge- the inner brace is fine, and rarely do I find any with rust in the brow area. That means they're an easy fix, and can be done right and last indefinitely since rarely are they Winter-driven by anyone anymore.

Maybe I should get some of the fenders I've got welded up and list them for sale

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Some parts vendors are either misinformed or just plain greedy. He's about double the market price for those fenders. Lark fenders will never bring big bucks as the cars are not big buck collector models. The Lark is the classic "poor mans" collectible. A few years back I pruned my collection and now have only my 66 Commander. Back then front fenders for my car ran me $75 ea.

Comment

Not all early Larks are poor mans cars now. Nice Hardtops are north of 10K, convertible can go for double that.

JDP/Maryland
              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Ok folks, what is a # 1 3/4 condition 60 Lark Regal 4 dr V8 auto with all of the then available options worth? Not intereted in Old Car Price Guide figures. No AC, 2bbl, no TT, needs a muffler. Not restored. Doesn't need it. I don't want to pay too much. I think the interior has been redone. Just looks too good for the year of the car and having 68,000 miles. Owner says he is the 3rd owner. I don't want to over pay especially if it is not one of the Stude hobbyist highly coveted models. It is an extremely nice car. Owner says for me to make an offer but I don't want him to be P.O.d. What's one worth? I'd like to be able to get my money back {break even}when and if I have to get rid of it. This car was for sale at the international meet in Dearborn 1995 for $3000. It was black with a tan interior. Still looks as good now. Help! jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Better then a condition 2 car is a International first place winner, maybe 380 points.
                  Condition 2
                  " A restored or extremely well preserved original, driven or rare occasions with care, complete and fully functional, a 90 to 95 point car. Would be a winner at many regional meets. "

In that condition, even a 4 door should bring 4-6K

JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw those fenders in person two weeks ago. He had three sets. The first two went for $1000 each set at a meet, therefore the price there on eBay. He has been sitting on those for quite some time. I know of another set nearby in the original box for $350 less. I rather have solid used ones with inner fenders.

Comment

I need a set of front fenders for my 59 Lark v1 4 door, does anyone know were I can find some at a reasonable price? 1000.00 is a little high I think

Thanks Mike

Comment

Thanks John, I was thinking along those figures. Just needed someone experienced to chime in. jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Jim, your description of that 4 door has conflicting elements. You mentioned it had "all of the available options" yet list many big ones it doesn't. A "1-3/4" near 380 point car might be worth 4-6K to a very serious '59-'60 4 door enthusiast, (JP has sold hundreds of Studes, he should know) but I doubt your prey is beautifully finished underneath, spotless engine bay and that close to perfect if never restored to pull that kind of money. If it's just a very clean driver that 1995 price is as high as I'd ever go. Here's a slightly more desirable version to gauge what you have in your sights:

Comment

$1,000 bucks for 59-60 nos front fenders seems to be about the going price of them. At york last year there where two sets and they were going for about the same price as have they been about a 1,000 for a set at readsville swap meet, the natinal in lancaster... So its alot of money but there arnt much out there. The 64-66 fronts use to be 75 bucks ea. and now sasco lists them for 126 ea. and there deffinitly arnt in short supply!

Comment

Working...
                            X