Back home from FL- with another Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back home from FL- with another Lark

Just got in from our latest trip to Disney World- somewhere over our 20th visit, and great as always. Even moreso with the events of the last few months. Spent the cost of a very nice Stude driver, and had a great time- just went by too fast. Only regret is running out of time for the Turkey Run

A few weeks back, Sonny from Racingstudebakers.com offered a 2dr. Lark body for free! Being that he's in SC, there was limited interest due to distance. Matthew and I expressed interest, but he decided not to pursue it; and I was going to FL for Thanksgiving, so......

Took my trusty dolly along and dropped it at Sonn's on the way down. On the way back we swung by Swansea and hooked up the dolly, loaded the Lark, and headed on. As usual, got home without incident, almost 900 miles.

Here's Sonny with the Lark. My son Rob is in the background (thrilled to have been awakened):

Thanks to Sonny for saving the old thing from crushing, and passing it on to me. I can assure that it will be used somehow, and not wasted. Who knows, it may get the r2/4-spd. in the garage and become a nasty "rat-rod" till the Daytona's done[8D]

In any case, it was a good addition to the IoMT; and best of all it was great to finally meet the famous Sonny of website fame- although I still don't know his last name[:I] Really a great guy, and a credit to the Marque! Thanks again, Sonny __________!![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

'Last name is Josker and you are right, Bob; he's a helluva nice guy! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

And I want to pass a great big "thank you!" on to you Bob, for transporting some goodies down to Sonny's place for me!
      I really do appreciate it!
      Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Glad to do so, Jeff. You remain the only customer for the F.E.S.T. (Free Express Studebaker Transport)

"Our service is so bad even at free it's too much"

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X