Stude Spotted in VA- no picture:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Spotted in VA- no picture:(

It's along I-81, right up by the fence on the Southbound side- a 53 or 54 K-body... looked complete and decent, missing the RR fender. I didn't see it on the way down (nighttime) but it was there today! No way to get a picture across the median at 70 MPH

If anyone's in the area, it's just North of Harrisonburg, VA at Mile Marker- get this- 259![8D]

Someone, check it out and report back- with a picture![]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

There are a lot of Greater Virginia Chapter members in that area. The Early's have lots of Studebakers.

We are having the 2009 Atlantic Zone Meet in Harrisonburg on June 19-21, so come on back down and you may see it again.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Before, or after the rest area (Northbound)?
      RHS, or LHS of the interstate?
      (I can get close with my Google satellite)
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It's along I-81, right up by the fence on the Southbound side- a 53 or 54 K-body... looked complete and decent, missing the RR fender. I didn't see it on the way down (nighttime) but it was there today! No way to get a picture across the median at 70 MPH

If anyone's in the area, it's just North of Harrisonburg, VA at Mile Marker- get this- 259![8D]

Someone, check it out and report back- with a picture![]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Along the Southbound lane, which would of course have to be on the Right side. It's right up along the catch fence, which is about 30 ft. or so back from the shoulder. I don't know where it is in relation to the rest area.

Next time you're going through Southbound, just watch the MMs. When you see 259, keep your eyes peeled!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I put that info into my map program as a 'customer stop'[8)]
          So, even if I am roadzoned...the program will tell me to start looking
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Along the Southbound lane, which would of course have to be on the Right side. It's right up along the catch fence, which is about 30 ft. or so back from the shoulder. I don't know where it is in relation to the rest area.

Next time you're going through Southbound, just watch the MMs. When you see 259, keep your eyes peeled!
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I've looked at it. Belongs to a very nice gentleman who was going to rod it but never got around to it. There is no engine, trans, rear, dash, interior. the hood and trunk lid are bad, the grille surrounds are broken, valance gone. It is very rough but you might be able to make something of it if you are really ambitious. It was a 53 Commander coupe automatic. He wanted $1500 and seemed pretty firm on that. I think I remember he had a title. If anyone is interested I should be able to put you in touch with him.

Comment

Although it goes without saying, I forgot to mention that it has serious rust issues.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Boothguy

Although it goes without saying, I forgot to mention that it has serious rust issues.
                To us Northeasterners, it does NOT go without saying! We think all cars South of PA will be rust-free, or close to it I saw it at 70 MPH, going the opposite way- so I got a 3-4 second look... Also, rust is a perspective issue; what may be "serious" rust issues to a VA resident may be a dreambout to road-salt residents...

Maybe one of you will get pics and post them; hopefully it can be rescued from watching the world go by as it settles into the Earth[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm originally from Wisconsin, so I've done my share of rust repair and I'd like to see all of them saved but there are much better cars out there looking for love. This has been sitting by the interstate for a couple of months with no takers, which should tell you something.

Comment

Working...
                  X