Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why????

all I can say is why

hmmm, my Wife has 2 GT Hawks, and a 58 Silver Hawk(but whats hers is mine NOW, LOL)...But I still want my Daytona!

"Just because".

Not my bag of chips...at all!...but wow, does that catch the eye or what. (Maybe this is the Stude they should put in "Cars 2"...since it incorporates features of several different Stude species!)[]

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

all I can say is why
      Is the rest of your question "do people make duplicate posts [?] [?] [?]"

I know I'll always wonder...

StudeDave '57 [)]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

all I can say is why
        Seems like in the car hobby, for many folks it is a big mystery why every one doesn't do it exactly the same way THEY enjoy it.

I'll bet there is a TON of them out there that wonder WHY would anyone mess with an old Studebaker [:0] [?]

Probably a bunch of Studebaker hobbyists who wonder WHY anyone would pick a GT Hawk or a Silver Hawk over the Studebakers THEY own.

It's a hobby. It's enjoyed many, many ways. You don't have to do them all or like them all, but it shouldn't be a mystery why everyone doesn't have EXACTLY the same ideas as you about the hobby.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well, lets just say...coming from a stude fan and a previous el camino owner...and someone who just happens to have a small block chevy and an auto transmission to go with it...I like it!! If I had an extra $1500 lying around, I would buy it!! alas, I am a bit pressed for money. (plus, on the top of my list right now is a new, old pickup....a real one)

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

I know a member with a bulletnose used in a high school version of "Grease". It looks far worse than the finned bulletnose on eBay. So just be thankful, OK?

Chris Pile
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The Studebaker Special
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I like the fins with the bullet nose. If it still had the roof and trunk, people would probably think it was original studebaker. The convertible part is okay, but the truck part I don't get. Does anybody know how hard it is to graft the bullet nose on to a hawk? My 62 GT is achin' for a different look, but it really does need the fins to go with the bullet nose.

Comment

... uh ... why not?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

I LIKE it, and wish I owned it. May appear strange to the "resto only" crowd, but its every line screams it as distinctively STUDEBAKER!

Comment

all I can say is why

because he could.....

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Seems like in the car hobby, for many folks it is a big mystery why every one doesn't do it exactly the same way THEY enjoy it.

I'll bet there is a TON of them out there that wonder WHY would anyone mess with an old Studebaker [:0] [?]

Probably a bunch of Studebaker hobbyists who wonder WHY anyone would pick a GT Hawk or a Silver Hawk over the Studebakers THEY own.

It's a hobby. It's enjoyed many, many ways. You don't have to do them all or like them all, but it shouldn't be a mystery why everyone doesn't have EXACTLY the same ideas as you about the hobby.
                      Right on.

I think loc8or's just on a bad streak right now[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Now, now, play nice boys. Just because everyone doesn't appreciate rediculous looking cars doesn't mean they don't appreciate custom cars.[)] Still, this one isn't as bad as some I've seen.[B)] As much trouble as the maker went through, it seems odd though that the tailgate doesn't appear to work, or for that matter, exist. It strikes me though, that a car which doesn't even have a drive train is a bit high priced at fifteen hundred dollars, let alone a starting price in an auction. Perhaps the owner is an optimist.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, I just knew I smelled a controversy the minute I turned on my 'puter. Why? Because it's There! I'll bet it was a practical decision--poor fella was low on money, needed a car to get to and from work, and had the good front half of a 51, and the good back half of a Hock, and decided to weld them together, just to have 4 wheels. But, luck prevailed, the boss gave him a raise AND a company pickup to drive back and forth, so the project fell by the wayside. I think it would really be nice though, if the "It's your car, your choice" idealists who defend this "unique" Studabaker would pool their resources, and collectively buy and finish this car just as the present owner had planned. Just to show us that it can be done. [}]

Comment

This car reminds me of a nurse I dated a few years back-she was so ugly, she was CUTE!![:X]And,in the true Studebaker tradition,she was "different by design"!![:I]Here's an idea for my friends in the Keystone Chapter--buy this car,do your magic (you'd have more than a year to wrench on it)and make it the 2010 York raffle car!!I bet you would sell a boatload of tickets!!!

Comment

I been sitting here, thinking it over: When they finish redoing it, should they deviate from the original plan (thereby enraging and outraging the puritanists)and repaint it something other than red and white? Like maybe, pink and pastel green? What sized weels they gonna use--20's, or 22's? I need to know, before I go buying a raffle tickit to buy this thing. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X