Studabaker transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studabaker transtar

am going to try and restor a i think a 58 studabaker transtar i was wondering if any one had any tip and website or places were i could get parts i could realy use a place were i can get body part thank you

There's LOTS of Studebaker parts vendors to buy from, but there's no whole body parts made new besides the rear fenders (fibreglass) and the tailgate and bed front.
    Classic Enterprizes has a number of patch pieces for floorboards, doors, cab corners and the like, but if you need a whole door or hood or some such thing, you'll need to keep a close eye on ebay or go to some of the Studebaker meets where folks bring used stuff to sell.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Studebaker Truck Forum is also a good place to get truck specific questions and answers:[^]

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Post some pictures when you have a minute as well.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Here's a partial list of parts suppliers...

If you haven't joined the SDC, you need to. The monthly magazine is well worth the price of under $20 for the first year. It will have all kinds of tips, info, parts, etc. in every issue.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

thanks for the suggestions and the site and hotwheels if either of thouths transtat has a mostly intaked body i would be intested iam not worryed to much about the enigine at this point ill tell you guys a lil bit how what i have in front of my the engine i no started 2 years ago i tryed a month or so ago to turn it over and it sounds the the starters shot so idk if the engine is seased or not and the fram is still good but the bottom 6 in or so of the body is rusted out and the bed has no floor well it does but it feel off when we took the bed off and the cabs floor is kinda there heres some pic sorry if there dark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by scotty

[img][/img]
            What ever you do gently save that trim.

Comment

Working...
            X