What a pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a pair

Tracy was doing some research on her new Lark and found these two videos. We suspect they probably have been run here before, but we thought they were worth visiting again. What made us laugh was the contrast between the two different spokespeople/animals being used to advertise the car. Were these the two biggest stars of the time, or was this all they could afford? Maybe they were trying to reach a wide audience range? In any case, we loved the ads, especially Zsa Zsa's comment about the cost of a replacement fender for the car being only $12.00 when she runs into the garage door! What a deal!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is a 1963 Studebaker Lark Commercial from the Studebaker Corporation. It features Zsa Zsa Gabor endoring the car. 9,335 Lark Two Door Hardtops were so...

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[quote]quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith
    [br What made us laugh was the contrast between the two different spokespeople/animals being used to advertise the car. Were these the two biggest stars of the time, or was this all they could afford?

{quote} When you was a little bitty baby Mr Ed the talking horse was a popular TV show. And was sponsered by tada Studebaker. Zsa zsa and her sister Eva was everybodies bad girl, give me furs and diamonds and i'll love you, dumb blond bimbos. Mr Ed of course was a rip off clone of Francis the talking horse. Zsa Zsa and Eva were the product of an ambitious mother with dubious claims to hungarian royalty.

You should get the DVDs it's a hoot watching em. Mr. Ed and Green Acres were about 2 points below Beverly Hillbillys in entertainment value. But hey people today watch adam sandler.

Comment

Actually, Francis was a talking mule.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
      "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oldguy829

Actually, Francis was a talking mule.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
        "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"
        Darn i thought there was something funny about that horses ears.

Your right of course, my bad. But still a ripoff. And not near as entertaining as Francis.

Comment

Working...
        X