1956 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Commander

Hi out there in Studebaker land. I'm in Virginia and I would like to find a rust free 1956 Commander 2 door car preferably with radio delete and manual trans. No engine is necessary as I plan to build up a 289 and I'd like to add a 4 speed. Anyone know of any whereabouts of such an animal?

Nice talking to you on the phone and welcome.
    BTW, my suggestion to ou is to broaden your search to 59-64 Lark types 2 doors due to the much lower weight. The is no radio delete, it was a option that can be removed in 10 minutes. If you want plain Jane, look for a Scotsman.
    Your call prompted by my HemiStude ebay listing just proves my point about the club's need for a ebay promotion to reach more members and potential members.
    Maybe a board member will step up to the plate and make it happen some day.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

One of our club members has two 56 Studebakers, a Commander & Champion. I think the Commander is automatic, but I am not sure.

I don't think he wants to see them, but you never know.

He lives in Ashland, VA

Email me and I will give you his email address.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That Black one must be the Commander [^] It appears to have the President 289 crossed flags emblem added to the front fender which MAY be a clue as to what is lurking under that hood! []

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:That Black one must be the Commander It appears to have the President 289 crossed flags emblem added to the front fender which MAY be a clue as to what is lurking under that hood!
          Yes, the black one is the Commander. It has a 259 with an Edelbrock 4 bbl.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

quote:That Black one must be the Commander It appears to have the President 289 crossed flags emblem added to the front fender which MAY be a clue as to what is lurking under that hood!
            Yes, the black one is the Commander. It has a 259 with an Edelbrock 4 bbl.

Leonard Shepherd
            LOVE the black one. Mine will look very much the same . .

Comment

hello everyone! i have a 4dr 56 commander and am having an extremely hard time finding parts.looking especially for N.O.S. and interior stuff parts if they are out there. anybody help?

i wanna go fast!

Comment

Sasco and Studebaker International. See the vendors page here, or your Turning Wheels. Lots of folks with many nos and decent used parts to help you on that page.

Comment

Working...
                X