Seam Sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seam Sealer

I have the interior all sealed up (except the weep holes)

I'm putting on the fenders. etc, and I can't remember where there was sealer and where there should have been.

One place I did put it was between the front fender and the fender brace that bolts to the door pillar- that would have saved me a lot of grief if they had put some there originally!

I was especially wondering about the top of the rear fender where it bolts onto the body. It will be under the fin on mine. Was there some kind of rope sealer along there?

Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

I used copious amounts of putty tap in this area of my hawk. Used it on trim clips and any area I figured might accumulate moisture and dirt
    and start rust such as the side vents in front fenders. Also seems to deaden sound. Works will to seal freshly drilled holes for add-ons after painting. Butyl rubber tape also worked well for some areas.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gallivan

I have the interior all sealed up (except the weep holes)

I'm putting on the fenders. etc, and I can't remember where there was sealer and where there should have been.

One place I did put it was between the front fender and the fender brace that bolts to the door pillar- that would have saved me a lot of grief if they had put some there originally!

I was especially wondering about the top of the rear fender where it bolts onto the body. It will be under the fin on mine. Was there some kind of rope sealer along there?

Gallivan
      57 Golden Hawk
      Golden, CO
      Gallivan, you can order from the SNM Archives a copy of Studebaker Engineering drawing # 1314975; Soundproofing & Sealing Information.

For the K-body sealing you'll only need sheet #'s 1, 5, 10, 12, 44, 49, 56, 68.

Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
      X