Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody needs one of these behind a Studebaker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody needs one of these behind a Studebaker...

Raymond Loewy designed Dorsetts

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Somewhat close to "home" AND I already have the PERFECT tow-rig for them as well...
    [:0] [:0] [:0]

Good thing I'm all the way down here in California!!! [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
    San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
    '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'm sorely tempted. I REALLY like the cuddy.

If you get up here soon, Dave, check out the exhibit at the Bellingham museum. It is currently all about boats that were built in Bellingham. Some real nice Skagits and Bellboys there [].

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Just be sure to put an Evinrude on them...
        (Brooks Stevens design co.)

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
        Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
        Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Dick Surprize them and tow the pink boat in to the show. Should have left it pink. That pink boat would have looked like it belonged there.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

I'd cry if he stuck a hitch back there, Studedick! [V] That cuddy is too cool, though.[^]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I'd cry if he stuck a hitch back there, Studedick! [V] That cuddy is too cool, though.[^]
              Actually, I cut a hitch OFF the ute. It did have a rather crude one including a section out of the rear valence.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, I have a hitch made for a CK that bolts onto the frame at the point where the skid plates belong. ? ? ? ? Do you have time to get the boat ready for the show too? ? ?

sals54
                sals54

Comment

I don't have a problem with a properly built hitch on a car. I could tow either one of these boats anywhere. Now that I'm not towing my daughters Jr. Dragster to the track. I'm towing the dirt bikes to go play in th mud this winter. I like the Tahiti Coral one myself.

Gordon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54
                    Do you have time to get the boat ready for the show too? ? ?
                    I don't have time to take a dump between now and the show [:0]

Actually, I talked to the guy in the Bay Area who will be upholstering the Ute. He has committed to do 3 cars for the GNRS...mine and 2 others. The other two aren't out of paint yet [V]. He wants mine ASAP.

This time of the year is always like this for him. He was telling me about doing Ala Kart last year for its 50th anniversary appearance. Roy Brizio across the bay was doing the restoration and it was running behind schedule. They would transport Ala Kart to Howdy on Friday night so Howdy could work on it over the weekends...then back to Brizio's Sunday night. It did get finished but that is too tight for me [^]

I'll be bringing the Ute to him the week after Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll get it back late December...bring it to my son's in San Jose, and finish the odds and ends I should have gotten done by now.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

At the Streetrod Nationals in Louisville a good while back, we had 12 inches of rain in aperiod of afew hours, Drains at fairground were designed to flow 2 inches in a 24 hour period. Many cars on the pavement were under water and their was a pond around most buildings, The next year several streetrods towed boats behind their rides.

Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Sir,

Pulling a boat ain't that easy with my Stude. Six volt + ground gives me very, very dim trailer lights and I'm having trouble pullin' it out of the water! Maybe I should Turbo my flathead?

Comment

Steve,
                          When I pulled a trailer with my '53 I switched the bulbs; put the twelve volt in the car and the six volt in the trailer.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Dick, I dug through 3 buildings of stuff and found some helmets to go with the go-cart.
                            I also am a fan of the local built Skagit and Bellboy boats.
                            They have an addicted following and club like Studebaker fans.
                            They are also CASCO's that enjoy lots of inexpensive fun compared to many other boats.
                            We have owned a 1956 20' Skagit for many years and have towed it quite a few places with our Champ Truck.
                            I'll have to dig out some pictures of it with our Champ, but this is what the boat looks like:

The great thing about the fiberglassics boat club is they really enjoy Cruising all the time (as much fun as the NW Overdrive Tours).
                            Another member now owns a Studebaker Truck after seeing ours pull duty with added style.
                            Something to think about:

James

The Bell Collection
                            Bellingham, WA.
                            Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                            Bellingham, WA.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut

Dick, I dug through 3 buildings of stuff and found some helmets to go with the go-cart.
                              I also am a fan of the local built Skagit and Bellboy boats.
                              They have an addicted following and club like Studebaker fans.
                              They are also CASCO's that enjoy lots of inexpensive fun compared to many other boats.
                              We have owned a 1956 20' Skagit for many years and have towed it quite a few places with our Champ Truck.
                              I'll have to dig out some pictures of it with our Champ, but this is what the boat looks like:

Thanks, James. I'll make arrangements to check them out!

Nice picture of your Skagit...in Skagit County no less [8D]...looks like the bridge at Laconner.

I've got a BellBoy...also made here...

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X