hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi!

singed up a week ago, been a reader a long time before that.

my dad took me to the state auction when i was a kid and bought 2 studebaker larks.

always wanted one as i got older but never came across anything worth the time.

but as luck would have it i found one in tenn and traded a Mercedes Benz 300d

so here it is.
    [img][/img]

Yeehaw! Another '62 Lark breaks cover...welcome to the dark side joecool, you'll have a blast with this Cruiser. Is the car a "driver" yet?

BTW...this car makes me think of the '62 4dr bought last year in western Canada by a forumite ("Lori" iirc)...any updates there??

S.

Comment

Welcome, Richard.

The best riding, handling, driving Stude I ever owned was a '62 4 door V8 Automatic. A Cruiser is even better!

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Welcome Joe! Keep us posted on what you do with this Cruiser!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That looks like my first Studebaker. It was a brown 62 Cruiser as well. That was trully a nice car.

Comment

got to get the title transferred on Monday then start on it.

runs great burns no oil or leaks, transmission seems good at this time.

rust is minor (for florida) got to pull up the old carpet and st this point the only floor rust is a 2-3 inch soft spot on the passenger side front. front fenders have the typical fender door line that i should be able to repair, i have plasma cutter welders etc.

just doing a quick look over the exhaust has a leak at the r/s manifold,

carb will need an accelerator pump at least. but looks to have been replaced or rebuilt just before i got it.

haven't looked at the a/c yet but looks to be all there but the belt.not sure on the compressor condition.

interior will need carpet and seat covers, door panels are nice and everything in the dash is working but the non original radio.

brakes are low but firm so maybe need to be adjusted but will pull drums anyway to see what evil may lie there.

as for pulling the rear drums i know a puller is used and how it is done but where would i find a puller? can one be made?

thanks for your interest in my new project.

Titusville Florida

Comment

quote:Originally posted by joecool869

runs great burns no oil or leaks, transmission seems good at this time.

rust is minor (for florida) got to pull up the old carpet and st this point the only floor rust is a 2-3 inch soft spot on the passenger side front. front fenders have the typical fender door line that i should be able to repair, i have plasma cutter welders etc.

just doing a quick look over the exhaust has a leak at the r/s manifold,

carb will need an accelerator pump at least. but looks to have been replaced or rebuilt just before i got it.

haven't looked at the a/c yet but looks to be all there but the belt.not sure on the compressor condition.

interior will need carpet and seat covers, door panels are nice and everything in the dash is working but the non original radio.

brakes are low but firm so maybe need to be adjusted but will pull drums anyway to see what evil may lie there.

as for pulling the rear drums i know a puller is used and how it is done but where would i find a puller? can one be made?

I can't help it, but this SOOO reminds me of that scene from ROAD WARRIOR...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Where Mel Gibson pulls into the refinery with the diesel tractor after fighting his way through the bad guys' camp. The mechanic starts assessing the damage to the truck...

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

The drum puller is always found at swap meets. It is still manufactured. I know Snap-On has it; certainly available for less from others.

I could Google it and post links if my computer weren't so crapped out.

I'll be surprised if I can complete this response and post it without losing my connection.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                X