ignition switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition switch

Can someone Please HELP me? I have 62 GT when I bought it it had a push button to start. I turn the key to on and push the button. I have a new switch. Do I have enough room under the dash to take wires off the old and put them on the new so I know they are on right, as I am not an electrician. The neutral switch does not work either, it will start anywhere. The back up lights do work when they are suppose to. I also have read somewhere about putting a fusible link where exactly does it go. Between bat. and starter solenoid or somewhere else? Many questions..But I really don't look forward to this project. Thank You for all your Help as it is deeply appreciated.

Disconnect the battery, then reach under the dash & looking at the back of the switch, push in slightly & rotate counter-clockwise to remove the switch from the bezel. You should have enough room to transfer the wiring to the new switch, although the hood release cable (which isnt on the 62's I believe) might be in the way. As far as the neutral safety switch, I'm not much help, but I'm sure some of the regulars in here will chime in on that! Good going on your repairs & for having such good taste on one of the 60's most beautiful cars made!

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
    X