This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this car not doing any money??

I'm not sure what it's worth, but certainly a lot more than $700!

I like the car, and the color; plus it's a known seller to the Forum. Looks like a good deal for somebody!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I don't get it either Bob, it must be the LOCATION, Location, Location! It is the BEST color available in '62!

I think in Penn. or NY it would be gone in 30 seconds! []

The buyers of the $40,000.00 plus cars like Dick Steinkamp's can afford to ship them anywhere in the world, but not so for the under $10,000.00 drivers.

This car has a lot of hard work and fresh parts installed, even a new full flow 289 with new Edelbrock! It is being sacrificed because of no storage for $4000.00 below what Mike has in it! [:0] It just needs TLC!

It even comes with a fresh, never installed one of JDP's Dark Blue Carpet Sets!

But we know this is not necessarily the place to sell it, so we did not even try.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It could be that everyone is waiting to see what everyone else is going to do. He has a reserve set and mentioned (or claimed???) that 9k is invested. With the current market, it would have behooved the owner to install the carpet kit he claims to have. As it is, many buyers are possibly reluctant to spend five to seven thousand (at least) on such a project. It's still got over three days to go, so we'll see what happens.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Ron~ you need to step off. Stop the hate. Comments like yours are exactly why it's never been brought up here in the past. I've seen this car, you haven't. You also have no idea what sort of work Mike does. I do. It's nothing short of outstanding!!! I drive an example of it everyday.

Even if this wasn't my brother's car- I'd say this. This is the deal of the month, or year for that matter!!! Buy it and you will be happy, even with the few minor issues it has. They are clearly stated, and you can be sure there ain't much else wrong with it...

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

It could be that everyone is waiting to see what everyone else is going to do. He has a reserve set and mentioned (or claimed???) that 9k is invested. With the current market, it would have behooved the owner to install the carpet kit he claims to have. As it is, many buyers are possibly reluctant to spend five to seven thousand (at least) on such a project. It's still got over three days to go, so we'll see what happens.
          Ron- as stated, this is a KNOWN seller- you could have looked at the seller's name and easily determined that. You MUST recognize the Gahlbecks by now?? If not, I do- so let me help:

If he says $9K is invested, I believe it.

If he says he has new carpets, I believe it.

All three are regulars on the Forum- how would they think they could get away with lies like that? If you like them or not, you've got to be able to see that. I don't get it.

I don't know how many buyers would want a project; but this car sure seems like not much of a project! All the hard stuff is done. My original point was, whatever conditions, I couldn't understand why it was only at $700.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Even if this wasn't my brother's car- I'd say this. This is the deal of the month, or year for that matter!!! Buy it and you will be happy, even with the few minor issues it has. They are clearly stated, and you can be sure there ain't much else wrong with it...

StudeDave '57
            Yup, the location is close to home for sure, but my issue is the same as Mike's - no place to store another Stude where without dry weather proof storage the Wet Coast weather would soon turn it into something worth much less! [:0][xx(]
            Otherwise, I would be placing a bid.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009?
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

I intend to bid later, but the cost of shipping will limit my bid to less then market.

JDP/Maryland
              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The buyers of the $40,000.00 plus cars like Dick Steinkamp's can afford to ship them anywhere in the world, but not so for the under $10,000.00 drivers.

Rich,
                I've never bought a $40,000 car (or $30 or $20)...Studebaker or not. I've never had a car shipped to me. You must have me confused with someone else.

I wish Mike the best with his sale. Looks like a sweet Hawk.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Just for Bams, I tossed ia a 3K bid.

JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I would entertain going out and trailering the car back to the midwest or southeast. I have some time to occupy, the need to wander, love for Hawks, and would like to meet more members. I don't need to be paid, but reimbursement for fuel would be gratefully accepted. An takers?

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

i just sold 2 gts and i might be interested butthe trans. problum bothers me

mervyn mundorf
                      63 avanti r2 4speed
                      83 avanti 20th ann
                      63 gt hawk canadian
                      55 speedster
                      and others
                      mervyn mundorf
                      63 avanti r2 4speed
                      83 avanti 20th ann
                      64 gt hawk r1 4speed
                      and others

Comment

Come on Dick, you know me better than that, and I know you better than that, why would would I say anything about you BUYING a car, this is about SELLING a car in Washington, you sold THREE such cars right here in Bellingham, and they went away, because they were high dollar cars, and anyone who can afford that certainly can afford to pay to ship them, that's ALL! [V]

I believe I did say the "BUYERS" of your cars!

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Rich,
                        I've never bought a $40,000 car (or $30 or $20)...Studebaker or not. I've never had a car shipped to me. You must have me confused with someone else.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I'm not sure what it's worth, but certainly a lot more than $700!
                          Nice car and looks well done so far, i think it may just be the times. Thing will probably take a drop in this market. It always has in the past economic downturns.

Guess it will all be up to the lurkers and snipe bidders now. It certainly deserve a much better price. You'd think someone would just jump on that buy it now, instead of thinking i wish i had later.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

I would entertain going out and trailering the car back to the midwest or southeast. I have some time to occupy, the need to wander, love for Hawks, and would like to meet more members. I don't need to be paid, but reimbursement for fuel would be gratefully accepted. An takers?
                            You sound just like me, Jim! I love road trips, and am always looking for an excuse to take one. I've been known to traipse across several states just to bring home some raggedy old Stude, as much for the trip as for the car[8D] I don't know what I'd do if I had to haul a nice car like this one

Next up for me is a 59 Lark body in SC- no engine, no trans., no floors- she'll be in NY on Dec. 1[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I have two of these and would entertain this one but the shipping id the killer. If in the midwest or Northeast or even down south I'd go and get it but the west makes that impossible.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X