X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Call It A "Two Headed Monster"?

Only $5K for this attention getter.

Here's more from a couple weeks back:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Boy does that bring back memories. Every year we would drive from Minn. to Mo. to visit the grandparents. Along the way, southern Iowa or N. Mo. we would stop at a diner that had a black 2 headed 51 stude. We happened to have a 51 coupe at the time. Dad was a traveling man when we hit the road, so I would rush through my meal to get out there and look at it for a few minutes. 2 perfectly matching front halves. Dash, steering wheel, pedals etc. on both ends. At age 12, in the mid 50's, I had no concept of a front wheel drive, so I assumed one end had to be fake. I never had the nerve to pop the hood (remember when people respected other peoples stuff?) so I would spend the next 300 miles trying to figure out how you could make it go either way. Always wondered about that car. Thanks for the memories.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
      "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Working...
      X