Studebakers at risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at risk

This is a sad case! These cars may very well be headed to the crusher. The owner of this yard in Utah has had his license to sell parts or cars revoked. his lawyer is trying to get a temporary license that will allow him to sell them. If that fails they are lost forever. You may notice in this row a Speedster that I believe is restorable. I spoke with the owner a couple of days ago and he's trying to get at least a 30 day temporary license, if that happens I'll get right on here and let everyone know. This is just a small part of what is available in the yard.[img][/img]

Why was his license revoked?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Saving that 57 GoldenHawk aint bad either!

The Bell Collection
      Bellingham, WA.
      Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
      Bellingham, WA.

Comment

[8] OUCH![V] [V]BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks like a Speedster also.
          Klif

55 Speedster
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Sounds like a midnight requisition would be in order? Maybe get enough members and trailers and move them. eh?

Jim Caldwell
            "The view don't change if you ain't the lead dog"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55 prez

Sounds like a midnight requisition would be in order? Maybe get enough members and trailers and move them. eh?
              ==> Utah's a bit of a haul, but I'd chip in on gas if a few of those were headed East.

Steve

Comment

My wife would haul one to Oklahoma for diesel money.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

If I am not mistaken this is in Grantsville, Utah. I vistited about 25 years ago while attending college.

If he can get his license back I might be able to make a trip back and pick up something.

Comment

Maybe he can "give" them away!!

Jamie McLeod
                    Hope Mills, NC
                    Jamie McLeod
                    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                    1958 Commander "Christine"
                    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                    1955 Commander Sedan
                    1964 Champ
                    1960 Lark

Comment

Here is another in California, if you like Larks

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDC

Here is another in California, if you like Larks
                        That's our good friend Bob Peterson in Hayward, CA. Known, trusted seller, good guy to buy from. He's losing that yard in a couple months and those cars HAVE to go, or they'll be crushed. He's crushing stuff every day! Get ahold of him and save 'em!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

If you look closely it appears there are some new homes in the background, possibly another case of the "new" neighbors not liking the "junk" ?

Jim B
                          Snohomish,Wa

Comment

The Hayward Studes are a couple of hours away, while the Utah Studes are 615 miles and give or take 9 hours. Not too far for the right car, I'd say. Let's get some more info before the weather turns. I wouldn't mind making a stealth run with the permission of the owner. Cash talks, right? Anyone have a phone number or more precise location?

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

I'd love the 63 but shipping from Cali would kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X