Progress on the shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the shop.

meant to include this with the previous post. Oh well.

Concrete hands showed up today, and spread out 27 yards of gravel and tamped it down with a plate compacter. Then laid out 2" styrofoam insulation board around the perimeter of the floor, and laid out re-bar on 19" centers for the floor.

Plumber is supposed to come on the 18th to lay out the hydronic heating grid, and the cement is supposed to be poured on the 20th. Woo-hoo! Soon I will have a concrete floor in my shop!

Pics: http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Shop%20notes/

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

No poly vapor barrier,Gord?
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Are you going to pound a pipe into the dirt (mine is 12 inches long and 2 inches wide sticks up about 4 inches above the concrete) against on of the walls so that once your concrete is in you can pull electrical through it? That way you do not have to drill through your side walls. The same would go for a gas line.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
      58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
      58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
      62 Daytona (White)
      63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
      57 Packard Wagon parts car
      57 Packard sedan parts car
      58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

When I did mine I put several pipes in the concrete; 90 degree elbow with about 2 feet of pipe in each end- schedule 40 plastic pipe. I made one 3" for the electric, one 4" for the water line, which I brought in to a lawn hydrant (I have water in the garage without needing heat), and a few 2" pipes. They were handy for the propane line, cable TV from the house, phone wire, and who knows what else in the future?

Easy to put a bunch in now and fill them with foam spray till you need them; tough to punch through later.

Just a thought.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X